Monti cap looking really washed out

I know I probably shouldn't have put a monti cap into a 3 month old tank but...

Got it at MS on Saturday - it was under 400w MH. I have the Outer Orbit 2x96W PC plus 150W TQI MH. It was green with white leading edges when I brought it home. I have been working very late this week but my wife tells me (and it is pretty obvious under the moonlights) that it has become a washed out light yellow colour - which may be the colour of the monti caps in the tank at the back in MS but I can't tell under just moonlights. Could this be a reaction to drop in light intensity? Am I in trouble?

My calcium and alkalinity are good as of Monday and everything else in the tank looks great. One thing that has changed in the last week is the addition of a kalk reactor.

ehh i don't think it'll kill it, but definately the probable cause

sometimes i've had coral loose their symbiotic algae from high heat
    but they come back after a while, if this is the case, u might see colour back later on once it settles

It's hard to say without a picture if you're in trouble or not.

Any time you move a coral to a different tank you can get a colour change. It's not unexpected and you're lighting is different.

On the other hand, it could be bleaching in which case you're in trouble.

Can you post a pic?

Cheers!
    There is nothing so permanent as a temporary measure.

What is bleaching? What causes it and what can I do about it?

I won't be able to post a pic until tomorrow earliest because I am getting home after the lights go out (well it is possible I get home in time tonight).

I did find one thread about bleaching and someone said that leather corals can be toxic. It so happens that I have a large finger leather coral frag (5 inches) that broke loose and is quite grumpy at the moment. I haven't had a chance to sort this out because of work but could toxins released by the finger leather be causing the problem? Should I just yank the frag?

Sorry I didn't want to get you overly alarmed, I was only trying to illustrate either end of the possibilities.

If you can post a picture, several people he can tell you if it's a colour change or bleaching here. I'm a morning person on the forums & I'm frequently unable to get back to the forums in the afternoon or at night.

Cheers!

Lobophytons and sacrophyton are particularly toxic to sps. But it won't kill your sps (even close ones) in a day or two. It takes a while and then usually rtn or stn are what causes the crash IME. There are many mixed reefs that are maintianed quite successfully. Look to other possibilities first.
    Jason

What does rtn/stn mean?

Rapid tissue necrosis is rtn, I think stn is sudden tissue necrosis. Imagine chuncks of the flesh of your coral dieing and possibly floating off the skeleton. It's usually a bacterial infection & it can be sometimes treated / recovered from but it's bad news.

Cheers!