Is it Ich or something else?

One of my clown fish as white spots on it. I think it's ich?

He as been in my tank for about 3 weeks.

I've also noticed the blenny rubbing on rocks.

I thought Ich add to be introduced into your tank?

I did not quarentine my fish since all I have came from IJO abd I figured I was safe.

I have 2 clowns, 1 blenny, 1 goby, some mushrooms, hermits and snails in a 20g tank?

If it is Ich..........what do I do now ?????

In fresh water tank I have something called aquasafe, put that in and get the temp to 84 and your OK. But for salt water ........... have no idea?

Please help.

This little tank was supposed to be a fun experiance and put a bit of marine butty in hour house.......but now ...... my little family in kind of on the down side :sulk:
    P.S. I'm french so I never make any typos......they are actual mistakes :sorry:
    I'm not in a rush.....but I am on a budget! :bigcry:

ijo
    You should always QT no matter where you get your stock from. A retailer will have a much harder time making sure their setups are free from parasites. Think of the stock that go in and out of these setups.

As for the white spots... it does sound like ich. I would leave the tank alone... feed them well, make sure your parameters are stable and wait it out. A healthy fish should be able to get rid of it without meds.

IJO

OK, if you say so.

Should I do more water changes? If so, how much? Like 20% every 2 days or something like that?

ijo
    I think you will only stress them out even more with water changes... I would leave the tank alone... make sure the fish are well fed(selcon/garlic/mysis/cyclop-eeze), temp/salinity stable and they should get rid of it on their own.

The last thing you want to do is medicate your reef IMO... if you want to treat your fish... pull them out of your main display and into QT... you'll also have to wait a good 6 to 8 weeks for the ich to naturally die off in your reef(so they say) before you put your fish back. hth

IJO

Everything is dead!

My blenny is dead and the clown is dead, all that is left is te goby that started all of this ick hell. If he dies, I'm going fishless for a couple of months (that should kill off the ick if there is no hosts, right?)

But wil the tank fishless......wont the amonia changing organizims die off also...and then when I introduce some fish......BAM.....amonia spike and cycling again.

This "fun" project is giving my familly more :bawling: :rant: :confused- :banghead: :madder: :grr: :devil2: :gun3: :gangshoot :wtf: :frustrate :guns: :mad2: then :speedbana :biglaugh2 :clap2: :jump3: :thumb: :clown: :rotflmao: :dork: :dance-o-j :yay: :bounce: :dance: :loveit: :happy3: :beer:

Going fishless won't kill your bio filter, but it may reduce it. There's lots of life on the rocks, in the sand, even on the glass to keep it going.

But you'll need to take it slow, once you get things corrected.

If it's only the blenny left, even if he's getting better in the tank, the tank still has ICH and a host. It's possible to infect new healthy fish until you fallow your tank.

If you don't leave the tank fishless for 6 weeks, you're risking loosing anything you put into it besides the goby.

Best of luck,
    There is nothing so permanent as a temporary measure.