Quick Cure (Ich Product)

I noticed today that my hippo tang has a few spots of ich nothing serious but am going to keep an eye on it (ive seen it on him before and a couple days later is usually gone) I went to the LFS and talked to the guy there he sold me a bottle of quick cure for 5 bucks and said let the fish come up for feeding then squirt this on him.Ive got some really good advice from him in the past so i know he is knowledgable about this kinda thing. He said he has used this method and knows others who do as well it also wont hurt any corals or inverts. Just wondering if anyone else has tried this and does it sound like a good idea (if the ich doesnt go a way on its own of coarse)
    I also bought a bottle of Ich Attack Which states it is good for saltwater and inverts.Anyone use this before? All were preventive measures just incase i have a problem in the future.

dont use it in ur main tank, take the fish out

i'm pretty sure quick cure is copper based, it'll ruin ur live rock, if u like, i have this organi-cure thing by kordon that is evidently reef safe, ur in kingston, u can come by and pick it up if u like

Quote Originally Posted by Ricepicker
    dont use it in ur main tank, take the fish out

i'm pretty sure quick cure is copper based, it'll ruin ur live rock, if u like, i have this organi-cure thing by kordon that is evidently reef safe, ur in kingston, u can come by and pick it up if u like
    Is it ich Attack (its made by kordon too and is 100% organic) if so thats the other product i bought

Quick Cure does work but not in the manner your talking about. Even if it were possible to coax your fish to the top then be still enough to actually hit it with a drop, I'm guessing it would probably severely damage, if not kill it. I bet you would use the whole bottle before you actually hit it. The directions say 1 drop per gallon in a bare qt tank, can you imagine the toxicity level of one drop directly on the fish?. If your lfs guy thinks it's possible to drop directly on the fish it is certainly possible to catch it and treat it properly. At least you won't be adding a copper based medicine to your tank.