update on my summer lose

I thought I would start a new thread about the progress of my tank. As some may know I lost everything in the summer in an overheating mistake. Everything being all my coral. Things are going better now. The tank has cycled and is now ready to be restocked. I wanted to first post a picture of the tank 2 weeks after the tank was exposed to high temps...by this time all the coral had died and the tank was a bit foggy, everything was rusty and it was going through some cycles

this picture is after about 2 months after the disaster. I decided to repaint the back blue and realzied in doing so that I have alot of green algea on the back wall as well as on all the rock

So, on the weekend I took all the rock out of the tank did a water change and used the old water to scrub of the algea from all the rock (not sure if the right thing to do but I did it)...While the rock was out of the tank I also turned off all the powerheads and scrubbed the back wall to get the green algea off of it. I quickly took my net and scooped up all the slimey algea and slowly put the rock back in...again probably not the best move, most likey spiked something in there but I did it. This picture is from today. The rock is all messed up from taking it out and repalcing it wherever it would fit.

I also bought 3 new powerheads, repainted the stand black and bought new hardware for the cabinet. This weekend I am getting 40 more pounds of live fiji rock (since as you see I don't have very much rock in there) and also plan to start getting some small frags. The 2 clown fish that I have had for 4 years are still kicking around as well as a damsel. Things are looking up for my baby tank and I hope it keeps going forward. I will keep you posted with new pictures. I wanted to also post apicture of the one rock that I was able to save some coral on. I had a brain, bubble, leathers, mushrooms, ricorrdia, candy cane, and an anenome before the lose and now I have one very small rock with some mushrooms.

Wow sorry to hear about your loss...

At least you can see it as a chance to start over and maybe change some things you didn't like before

Good luck and keep us posted!
    Working out the details on how to steal Toby... :devil2:

That really sucks. At least you did not give up and leave the passion (its not a hobby). Sounds like you are making headway in making your tank even better than before. Keep us posted and good luck. Also, can you give us some specs on the tank?
    Mark
    90g Display, 30gal sump w/ refugium, MAS CR418 calcium reactor w/ Mag5 and Blueline CO2, Vertex IN-180 protein skimmer w/ Mag5, Mag9.5 return, 150 Phosban Reactor w/ MJ 1200, 1 Ebo 200w heater, 90lbs. LR, 80lbs. Carib-Sea aragonite, Cooltouch MH lights -2 x 400watt (20K & 14K) PFO hoods & Coralife 65w PC in custom hood with fan, Coralife 3-3/4watt mini moonlights, 8 jet Closed Loop System w/Reef-flo Dart, Aqua-Safe RO/DI, JBJ Auto Top Off unit w/Mag 5 return, 12g Nano cube, 10g quarentine.

Opps lose=loss Can I change that somehow?????