Thread: Hello All

Hello All

Good evening everyone on aquaria canada

My name is Dale and I currently have a small 20g reef that I want to get going the Tank has been set up for 2 years and all that is in there are 2 clowns 1 mushroom coral and a power line of cleaners some red hermits some blue hermits a couple of turbo snails and 1 mexican turbo snail he is been in the tank the longest of all residents. and is doing fine eventually I want 1 more fish of about 3 inches in length and then stock the tank with a line up of easy enough to keep corals the mushrooms the polyps the torches and the zoo frags etc.

I also Have 100g tank that is currently empty and sitting in my living room that I would like as a fish only setup and a 90g diamond corner sitting on the powder room floor. now these two tanks are the ones I am looking at getting drilled and setting up sumps for which I have no Idea on how to do.

I am new to the saltwater hobby but I have been keeping wild caught cichlids for years and I still Love them but there is not a whole lot of good buyers around and the quality I was getting had got poorer and poorer so I decided to go reef. and This is where I am at.

any suggestions or ideas would be greatly appreciated

thanks to all that will reply or have replayed you suggestions and I ideas I know will be very helpful in the long run.

So This should help out with the getting to know me part and I hope to get many more replies.

Cheers Dale AKA elad

:welcome:

I dunno man, if i were you i'd go all out and make the 100g into a reef hehe

theres lotta ways u can do the drilling and sumps, my suggestion is to read up and do a few designs what u want done and ask everyone's opinion.

on the other hand, the diamond one would be easier to light, u just need a 250w pendant.

though diamonds are a pain sometimes to aquascape and clean...

good luck and post lots

liv
    1st, Welcome
    Ricepicker pretty much summed it all up.
    Read up on people with similar setups. Diamond shaped tanks are a bit harder to clean for sure. as for drilling.. Rob ( ..Salty Dog ) or myself can drill your tanks.

Welcome to Aquaria.ca !
    Regards,
    Patrick.
    Ottawa (Orleans), Ontario
    Yahoo IM: pwallnfld

man is it only mods that can do that banner ?

Nope....cuz I ain't a mod.

Here's the secret code:
    IMG]http://aquariacanada.com/images/welcome3.gif[/IMG
    Welcome to Aquaria.ca !

You have to add a "[" before the first IMG and a "]" after the last IMG.
    Enjoy!
    Regards,
    Patrick.
    Ottawa (Orleans), Ontario
    Yahoo IM: pwallnfld

Quote Originally Posted by pwall
    Nope....cuz I ain't a mod.
    Here's the secret code:
    IMG]http://aquariacanada.com/images/welcome3.gif[/IMG
    Welcome to Aquaria.ca !
    You have to add a "[" before the first IMG and a "]" after the last IMG.
    Enjoy!
    It's broken! :wink5:
    :biglaugh2
    Serge

Common Sense - Is'nt!!

Welcome to AC!!!!
    Lots of great info here, good luck.
    Mark
    90g Display, 30gal sump w/ refugium, MAS CR418 calcium reactor w/ Mag5 and Blueline CO2, Vertex IN-180 protein skimmer w/ Mag5, Mag9.5 return, 150 Phosban Reactor w/ MJ 1200, 1 Ebo 200w heater, 90lbs. LR, 80lbs. Carib-Sea aragonite, Cooltouch MH lights -2 x 400watt (20K & 14K) PFO hoods & Coralife 65w PC in custom hood with fan, Coralife 3-3/4watt mini moonlights, 8 jet Closed Loop System w/Reef-flo Dart, Aqua-Safe RO/DI, JBJ Auto Top Off unit w/Mag 5 return, 12g Nano cube, 10g quarentine.