Best place to buy RO/DI unit in Canada?

If only I lived in the US :drool:

I dont feel like wasting more money on duty fee's etc. I am looking for a place within Canada that sells a high quality RO/DI system for a resonable price.
    Click For Pictures

90g AGA Reef Ready bare bottom with 100lb of cooked Hatian LR, 40g breeder sump, Mag9.5 pump, Coralife 48" Auqualight Pro, Euro-Reef RS135, Sequence Barracuda pump, SpectraPure Maxcap RO/DI

I the that Ivan sells here on AC is awesome. I'd be willing to bet that 90% of the people on here that have RO/DI units have that one. Here's a link to the one that Ivan sells.

http://aquariacanada.com/osCommerce/...roducts_id=377

If you were to get that one (or any one for that matter) I would suggest getting an inline TDs meter. Can't find the link for that one but i'm sure Ivan can track one down for you. He's the man. Oh and Ivan I never got my christmas Acro's in the mail. LOL I'm waiting one more week and then i'm taking you off my christmas card list!!!!! :biggrinbo :speedbana
    Cheers,
    Mike Philpott

I got my Aquasafe from ebay. Paid about $70 USD for the 100gpd aquarium unit in an auction two years ago. The company is in BC so you don't pay any duty but you do pay in US funds as all ebay sales are in US. Here is a current link:
    http://cgi.ebay.ca/AQUA-SAFE-AQUARIU...QQcmdZViewItem
    Mark
    90g Display, 30gal sump w/ refugium, MAS CR418 calcium reactor w/ Mag5 and Blueline CO2, Vertex IN-180 protein skimmer w/ Mag5, Mag9.5 return, 150 Phosban Reactor w/ MJ 1200, 1 Ebo 200w heater, 90lbs. LR, 80lbs. Carib-Sea aragonite, Cooltouch MH lights -2 x 400watt (20K & 14K) PFO hoods & Coralife 65w PC in custom hood with fan, Coralife 3-3/4watt mini moonlights, 8 jet Closed Loop System w/Reef-flo Dart, Aqua-Safe RO/DI, JBJ Auto Top Off unit w/Mag 5 return, 12g Nano cube, 10g quarentine.

I have the Aquasafe unit myself from Ebay, however, if I were starting from scratch all over I would buy a product that was designed for aquarium use. The only problem with the aqua safe units is that you have to modify them right away to use them to make aquarium water. You have to eliminate the 6th stage and change the filters in the first three stages to 1 micron sedement followed by two 1 micron carbon block filters as the ones that come with them are 5 micron sedement and activated granular carbon. If you already own one then after you have made these modifications it will be good to go. Alternatively, you could spend an extra $20 after mods and get a better product that is ready to go. Here is a link to the pest price in Canada on Purely H20 RO/DI units.

https://01690d8.netsolstores.com/ind...S&Category=164

You will want to check with your local municipality to see if there are chloramines used in the treatment of your water. If yes than you have to get the second unit. Without the proper filter you are doing nothing for the water and might as well poor it straight in from the tap.
    If my wife asks, it was only $20.

Hardware:
    220 Gal Mostly SPS Reef, 66 gal sump with refuge, 33 gal refugium, Gen-X Mak-5 Return, 3 x IceCap 250 MH, 2 x 110 VHO, Deltec APF600 Skimmer and a Deltec AP-600, Geo 6-18 Calcium Reactor, 2 x Tunze Stream 6100, Profilux Plus II EX Controller.

Yeah I always rather do it right the 1st time.

The Purely H20 system seems to get decent reviews on reefcentral.

It's definately one I will consider.
    Click For Pictures

90g AGA Reef Ready bare bottom with 100lb of cooked Hatian LR, 40g breeder sump, Mag9.5 pump, Coralife 48" Auqualight Pro, Euro-Reef RS135, Sequence Barracuda pump, SpectraPure Maxcap RO/DI

I did some reaserch on reefcentral and found a solution!

Spectrapure has figured this problem out. They have a timed delay valve that flushes the first five minutes of water to get rid of the TDS spike.

http://www.spectrapure.com/St_PTD_p0.htm
    Click For Pictures