Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: cheapest?

cheapest?

were the cheapest place to get pc lighting for a 20gal?
    :fish3: Little Boy Blue :fish3:

What are you looking to keep in it?

Might want to look at a Workhorse 7 Ballast and drive Either VHos.. or with one WH7 Ballast you can drive 4 55 watt PCs would be able to keep anything you want in it ..

But other than that .. you are looking at around 150-200 For a duel fixture unit.. much more than buying the stuff and do it yourself !

well see, this is only going to be a temp fishtank, so i don't want to put to much in it, i am moving after x-mas and planning on a nice 77gal or larger to what i can afford at that time, then i will get into the big coals and stuff,
    right now i just got the normal florest lighting and blue light too, it seems to be doing great becuase i got a couple of nice big polyps on my rock, but i just wanted pc lighting, to make everything more healther, and i plann on using my 20gal for a small sump for my 77gal, or use it as a sick tank later on with nice lighting on it

well if you go with the WH7 Route.. then you can just cap off 2 of the live wires and run 2 PC ( 55 watts each) then when you get the new tank you will drive 2 110 watt VHOS with it.. and run halides ..

Spend hte money on somthing you can use on the new tank !

Toooloud: That is exactly what I would do. Karma for you

yeah i todally wanted to do that spend more money on the bigger tank :P

you can look into the custom sea life fixture (thats what i use) i'm not sure of the size of your tank, but the smallest is about $115 US - go see them here http://marinedepot.com/homepage.asp
    Albert
    My Photos

that could be a good deal in canadian money, but with the exchange and all

But still.. $115 Canadian.. you can pick up a Workhorse 7 Ballst for $50.. pick up a couple of PC endcaps $20 2 bulbs another $80..

total of what around? $150.. and by the time you get around to buying the larger tank.. I would assume it would be somwhere around 8-12 months.. Unless you are like me and new tanks every 3-4 months.. lol,

But either way.. now you have burned out the bulbs.. 12 months.. time for new ones... you are getting the tank.. So you spend the cash on new VHOS.. and wella... you are set! ..

Even if you dont buy Halides.. You run 2 Vhos over a 77G 4 foot tank.. and you will be rocking ..

I run a 100g.. 5 foot tank and run 4 Vhos.. over it.. Looks Amazing! and i keep everything in there..

So seriously concider it!!!

Think about it.. Think about spending cash on somthing that you are not going to use!.. What would you end up using the PCS for.. ? They would be over kill on a sump or refugium.. and usless on a 77G tank! Where as to a WH7 Ballast like i said by the time you get around to getting the new tank it will be time for new bulbs! . and you will not have wasted the Couple hundred on a ballast fixture that is now either being wasted on somthing its over kill for.. Or its sitting around and you will sell it .. But remember used electronical stuff usally fetches around 30-50% of retail!

I mean even Better! .. Now that i have had my coffee and thinking!

Buy the WORKHORSE 7 Ballst, with 2 sets of endcaps.. You use it wired right to run 2x 24 inch VHO Bulbs.. MUCH Better than the PC bulbs!.. you end up running them for like again 8-12 months untill they need to be changed.. By then you are allready picking up the new tank! .. So now all you need to do is pick up the tank and 2 new 4 foot bulbs! .. wella..

No wasted money on a PC ballast you will not use! .. No wasted money on PC endcaps you will no longer use... and you save yourself a ton of money!.. and get much better light and intesity out of the VHO's than you will ever get out of PCS. !

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast