Changing filters on Aquasafe R/O unit

This may fall into the dumb question category but: when changing the filters on an R/O unit (I have the one from Aquasafe), how do you release the pressure inside the unit to prevent water spraying all over the place when the filters are unscrewed?
    Nick

You could turn the flow valve that sits above the first filter. I would imaging that disconnecting it from the water source would also do it. That is probably not an option if you used the needle piercing valve on a copper pipe.
    If my wife asks, it was only $20.

Hardware:
    220 Gal Mostly SPS Reef, 66 gal sump with refuge, 33 gal refugium, Gen-X Mak-5 Return, 3 x IceCap 250 MH, 2 x 110 VHO, Deltec APF600 Skimmer and a Deltec AP-600, Geo 6-18 Calcium Reactor, 2 x Tunze Stream 6100, Profilux Plus II EX Controller.

You should always install these units with a shut off valve before the unit. A simple john guest shut off is easy enough to instal and cheap too. Then just turn the valve off and remove the unit.
    Jason

But, shutting off that value won't release the pressure which has built-up inside the filter compartments, will it? I've tried shutting off the in-flow value and draining the unit by opening the out-flow value but I still get sprayed with water when I unscrew the filters
    Nick

Do what Swiseman said. Release the black handle just over the 3 filter tubes. I think it's the menbrane flush. That will do the trick.
    Cheers,
    Mike Philpott