Suggestions needed

I'm not a complete newbie but have been out of the game for a couple years so I might as well be. I went into the LFS the other day and almost dropped $800 on new equipment before I got cold feet (plus I needed to pay my hydro bill instead). My problem is this - I don't have tons of room in the area I want to have my tank so I have to go with something small such as nano-cube's and such. However I'm not keen on being limted to 30 gallons or less. My experience is with standard rectangular tanks which of course don't fit well in this area. I've seen some octaganal deep tanks that would fit but but I know surface area is an issue. Anyone have some suggestions? Anyone in the kingston area good with tank placement that would be willing to come over and give some suggestions and share ideas over a beer? (maybe a local KMAC meeting). Thanks for any advice y'all might have!

Troy
    "I'm Mad!...I'm mad 'cause I cant see my forehead!" ~ Patrick Starfish, Bikini Bottom, Ocean

Just take a pic of the area you want the tank in. That way everyone here could give you there advice.
    225g SSB display, World Fish Custom Sump/Fuge/Filter, H&S A250-2X1260, h&S sulphur reactor, Reeflo Dart 3600g return on a wavy sea plus, 4X Tunze 6101, Deltec PF600, Octopus 3000, Aquazone Ozone 100,
    Lights: 2X250W 10K XMs, 1X400W10K XM, 6XT5s Al lights controlled by AC Jr.

hey troy whats the space ur looking at? there is a ad from carolpol in the classifieds for a 24x24x24 cube, 60gallons, and it comes with sump, the tank is drilled and all, 500 is a decent deal, u just need some plumbing and pump.

Seahunter: Good Idea, I'll take a couple shots and post, thenks for the suggestion.

RP: I saw that tank and It's still a bit large. I saw an octagon at P.P. the other day which was 18gal, but is 12X12X25 deep. Not sure if that will work. I initially wanted larger but I've been reading StephG's 10g nano post and needles to say I'm impressed so smaller is ok but shape is still an issue. I'll post the pictures and you'll see my problem.

Thanks guys!

Troy
    "I'm Mad!...I'm mad 'cause I cant see my forehead!" ~ Patrick Starfish, Bikini Bottom, Ocean

deep tanks are a pain in the ass to light, just an heads up about that

I was afraind of that as well RP.

Here's the posts - it's been a while since I've done this so bear with me. Hopefully these links will work....

http://aquariacanada.com/PhotoPost/s...00/ppuser/1131

If anyone has any suggestions as to use a forbidden are and make it look nice for the wife that would be great!

Thanks for the help!

Troy

i'm not even sure what i'm suppose to be looking at

in pic3, if u want it where that stand with the plant is, theres alot of light there and might not be good for fish to have a excessive photoperiod? also, its pretty far from the plug, so unless u run an extension cord u might have cords all over the place...

in pic2, if u want it where those baskets are, then please tell me that funace is just for show.

in the pic with the TV.... do u really want saltwater near all ur expensive electronics? plus, when u watch TV at night, the light from the fishtank will no doubt be distracting...

Now you know my problem :crap:

If your interested I have a 33 gal hex tank with stand.$100.

jim

Sweet! check your PM Jim.

Troy