lets make a deal

I have a friend selling some stuff. I am going to buy it I was wondering if it is a good deal or not. These are the things he has for sale.
    1 scopa tang
    1 yellow tang
    1 bloody clown
    2 blue/yellow damsels
    2 pyjama cardinals
    1 bi-color shrimps
    50 pounds of live rocks
    100 of base-rocks filled with lots of critters/sea stars etc... They are all alive and well and pretty big...
    He will sell them to me for 350.$. I was just wondering if it is a good deal. He also frogot to mention hermit crabs, snails, and some other kind of algee. hyeah: Just would like some in put to see what everyone thinks. Thanks..
    rayzzfish....

If you know it came from a healthy thriving reef.......then get it quick. Providing you have space for them and you actually wanted those items.
    Jason

i saw this post on aquariumpros.ca. i think thats a good deal considering the amount of rock your getting. sometimes i wonder about how those guys keep there systems going! take your time adding everyhting to your system to maintain your biological activity. 4 months is a joke in my imo. you want the livestock in your system don't you! but over a span of 3-4 weeks you shouldn't have any problems. might want to think about upgrading your skimmer though that seaclone won't be able to handle all that livestock in that size tank.

I have updated my skimmer I have Berlin needlewheel skimmer now. And it works great..

well sounds like your ready for a couple nice additions! good luck!

How big is your tank? Is this for the 90G you mentioned in another thread? Damels can be very agressive and might not be a good fit with the other fish in a tank of that size. Similarly, two tangs might be tight in a 90G. I've never heard of a 'bloody clown'; is that a typo?.

I'd be a bit concerned about adding this much bio-load into a system which is only just being cycled (or perhaps has just finished the initial cycle). Normally, you would start a new tank with snails and crabs only for a month and then add small fish at the rate of 1 every 3-4 weeks. Four months to get a new tank stocked to the level mentioned in your first post is not out of line. Going much faster might work out but raises a risk of a serious problem with ammonia processing. You know the 'motto': 'In a reef tank, nothing good happens fast'. Show patience and things will go much better.
    Nick