Tank heater let go, how low can temp go!

Hi, Just noticed my tank heater let go. How low can the temp go before loosing fish?? :errr:

Don't think I can get a heater tonight, temp in tank right now is 75 degrees.

Turn your lights on. Raise room temp. Things don't do well in temps much lower than that. Good luck
    Jason

liv
    yes.. run the lights.. you could drop a hot water pouch.. like the ones used on back pains.. the rubber kind.. put really hot water.. and let it sit in there.. dont touch the glass with it ! or drop it in your sump.

suggestion for next time,
    you are best to run two instead of one.. so if you only need 300w.. take 2 of 200w instead so if one dies.. its not as bad. or keep a cheapo one aside for these exact moments i know.. its extra cash.. but its a good investment.
    this and a battery operated emergency bubbler.

I had my tank go down to 64 during an extended (18 hrs) power outage last December. The house dropped to 13 degrees. Everything is doing quite well now. I did have a bubbler going but my battery pack could not sustain the draw of the heater. I now have a 4.1 kW generator in the garage.

I had my temp fall to 70* over the night and through most of the day. I unplugged it when I was working on my tank and forgot to plug it back. The reason I noticed something weird was my fish were acting slow, then I realized the temp. Everything was back to normal after that. No loss.

I have had my nano sit at 73ish for a week or so, my heater adjustment was off big time. No loss either.
    10.G Nano Reef
    40.G Reef (ITW)

i can beat those.

when i moved my tank ( in the middle of winter ) from the next town over i had to buy a new heater. when i woke the next morning and went downstairs to look at my beautiful new tank i noticed the thermometer read 62 !!!!! ( tank was at 80 the night before ) it took several days to get temp back up to normal. unfortunately my yellow tang didn't make it ( could have been the stress of the move and / or the temp change ) but surprisingly everything else made it.

thats when i learned you should keep 2 ( or more ) smaller heaters rather than 1 large one. i now have 3 in my system 300W, 250W and a 200W in the fuge.
    `

120S RR tank with 60G basement sump / fuge

Return Pump: Little Giant 4-MDQX SC
    Water Movement: MP40W, Seio 1500, (2) Hydor K4's
    Lighting: 400W SE MH with 10K Venture
    Skimmer: Euro-Reef RS250 with gate valve
    Other: RODI, RDSB, PO4/AC reactor

My Gallery

Banned
    The good news is... he picked up a replacement Eheim on Friday...