Thread: Question

Question

Hi and good afternoon

I was wondering if anybody knows anyone who will come to my house to drill 2 90 gallon tanks and if anyone who drills tanks know what size of hole is ideal. I am just looking around at this time but very shortly will need my tanks drilled I have 4 1.5" bulkhead I was told these are what i needed for a 1" sump line.

thanks all
    90g: empty finally drilled and bulkheads installed

90g Diamond: FW African Tanganykan 6 alto calvus Yellows, 6 cypri lepto jumbo Blue Orchids, 1 synadontis Magara bomix white sand and several pieces of construction type rock basic grey.

20g SW reef (just started) 2 clowns,1 royal gamma some hermits, some snails, a couple of mushroom colonies, a couple of zoo colonies, a hammer colonie and an octospawn colonie:

PM Liv. I know he will travel, but, I don't know if Rockland is covered.

Otherwise, you may have to bring your tank to be drilled.

Centenial Glass with do it. Liv will do it. OSD used to do it.

If you want a 1" pipe/hose, you need a 1" bulk head. It requires a 1 3/4" hole in the glass.

If you want a 1 1/2" pipe/hose, you need a 1 1/2" bulk head. It requires a 2 1/2" hole in the glass.
    Sarchasm: The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the person who doesn't get it.

I ordered the bits off ebay out of Hong Kong for like $10 delivered. With one bit I have drilled 8 holes with no problems. Just used a regular hand drill, a wood guide clamped to the tank and lots of water and a little patience.
    Rob
    -----
    Upgrade in the works! Keep looking for an update.

Hey All

well I finaly got my tanks drilled I grew some you know what wnet out got the bit and drill and my buddy pat came over we had a couple of pints and had no problems at all.

so on to the next step I am not sure what it is going to be if any body has any advice ,suggetions or know hows please feel free to spread the knowledge.

again thanks to all that have replied and answered my questions.

90g Diamond: FW African Tanganykan 6 alto calvus Yellows, 6 cypri lepto jumbo Blue Orchids, 1 synadontis Magara bomix white sand and several pieces of construction type rock basic grey.

20g SW reef (just started) 2 clowns,1 royal gamma some hermits, some snails, a couple of mushroom colonies, a couple of zoo colonies, a hammer colonie and an octospawn colonie: