Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

help with decideing fish

i am going to be getting a false perc and a false black perc i was also wondering what compatible fish/inverts you would suggest for a beginner?

Damsels, goby. It depends what size tank as well.
    55G CSS 3004, 2 Seio 620, 220WT5HO lighting, Yellow tang, yellow tail damsel, 2 clownfish, 1 shrimp, pulsing, soft corals.

i woudlnt go with damsels, they are known to be aggressive, and IMO not so pretty ... most gobys seem to be very hardy... i have a watchman goby and pistol shrimp would be very cool to see too... sorta shy but cool when they come out

its a 65 gal with a 30 gal sump/fuge

If you want basic specs on different potential fish I generally use this site:

http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/categ.cfm?pCatId=15

I have never ordered anything from them, so I have no comment on that. I simply find the general information useful.

They also have a handy compatability chart here:

http://www.liveaquaria.com/general/c...lity_chart.cfm

I suggest you get a sense of what you would like to add, and then post here for comments. Also keep in mind, that it is a good general rule that you should add the least aggressive fish first, and the most aggressive fish last. This will allow more docile fish to establish territory without harassment.

ok..thank you for the links and looking at both sites i have pick the fish that i want. Neon Blue Goby, false perc, false black perc, Six Line Wrasse, Fridman's Dottyback, Spotted Cardinalfish. which order would be best to introduce to the tank? i would like to have both percs go in at the same time. would it be better to buy juviniles or adults? what type of inverts will i need? i guess thats enough questions for 1 post :b10:

I would add the Goby and the Cardinalfish first, then the clowns, and finally the Sixline and the Dottyback. If you add them in pairs as I mentioned, I'd wait a couple weeks between additions. Definately add the Sixline and the Orchid Dottyback together. These are the most territorial, so you don't want one to get in, establish territory first.

what kind of inverts will i need? what are dangerous?

The only inverts you need is a selection of snails to help clean the rocks and sand. I would stay away from crabs as they usually prey on snails. Other inverts that are neat would be some shrimp.
    Rob
    -----
    Upgrade in the works! Keep looking for an update.

I'm a fan of getting very small fish, even if it is a big tank. I'm talking about 1" stuff like gobies (yellow, green, blue neon). You can get a lot more fish activity with out major pain on bio load, they are small and dont produce as much waste as most others.
    10.G Nano Reef
    40.G Reef (ITW)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast