Thread: Just my luck...

Just my luck...

So Marinescape has headsheild nudibranches in stock. I picked one up and aclimated him for 2 hours. After putting him in the tank the copper banded swims by, checks him out.... and ignores him.

So does the tangs, the angle, the cardinals, and my wrasse. Even the crabs leave him alone & I've turned off my seio so he can munch away on the flat worms I've collected....

Then he gets a might too close to the brittle star... who wants to eat him.

WTF!? I've never heard of a brittle star that wanted to eat live slugs. The second it comes out of hiding, the star's going into my sump...

Anyone hear of that before? I'm hoping he "inked" in the bag or something & once he's chowed down on a whack of flat worms the starfish won't think I sprung for a $20 snack for him.

And here I was worried about the fish or a pump....

Cheers!
    There is nothing so permanent as a temporary measure.

Okay one sumped star fish... so anyone have any luck keeping headshields / velvet nudis?

I've currently got plenty o' flat worms for him to munch on...

Cheers!

Hey Kruger,

I had no luck with my velvet. He was really cool for the two days he existed. I took as many precautions as I could as well. Did a ton of reading on them to find out they are notoriously hard to keep. He didn't get sucked into a pump, he just disappeared. I only have a PBT & Y Wrasse and they didn't give him a second glance. I acclimatized him for 2 hrs, drip style. Put him in my tank and whamo, he started sucking up flatworms like a skinny fellow at a hotdog eating contest. After gorging himself for a while he started roaming the tank. I have a bunch of brittles (all small hitchhikers) but didn't suspect them until I saw your post. I figured he went over my overflow and got chopped by a pump or something but never saw any indication of it (and I generally check my tank on an hourly basis when I'm home . I eventually gave up and spent $90 to dose my tank 4 times with FW exit. Now I dip EVERYTHING. Later.

Hmm... Well the skinny guy at a hotdog eating contest is an apt description of how this guy's eating flat worms. I noticed yesterday morning that he burried himself in the sand but I have no idea how long that lasted. Had to run to class.

This morning he's out & about again & noticably fatter...

Cheers!