Introducing myself and a quick question

Hello all,
    just thought I'd introduce myself after months of lurking led me to become a member. I'm not entirely new to the hobby though I would never consider myself an expert. I've been reef keeping for 2 years now and am currently in the process of switching over from a fully stocked 40g to a 110g with 30g sump and 30g refugium. Even though I may have only started two years ago I find I've come a long way. I'll post pics of my new setup once I finish filling it (which could take some time given that I'm starting classes shortly)

And now for a quick question:
    Will I lose my acros when switching to the new tank, how long should I wait before bringing them over? I plan on using my liverock from the 40g tank to seed the lace in the new tank. I can't very well keep the acros in a bare tank can I? I've got plenty other corals and a clam in there but I'm really only concerned about the acros as I've managed to sadly kill a few in my learning days and fear I may still be in them. Any help here would be greatly appreciated.

That's it for now, keep reef'n

will you be setting up the new tank in the same position as the old one or in a new room in the house? If it's going to a new room why not start making water now and put some live rock in there and let it get going for a bit.
    All the same it really shouldn't matter if you move it all over at once as long as all the rock is cured. Another idea id to get some on in your area to house your corals for a small period of time.
    Hope this helps.
    Cheers,
    Mike Philpott

Welcome!! Sorry I cannot help in your question as I am still killing acros. Will you be using a lot of your current established water?
    Good Luck
    Mark
    90g Display, 30gal sump w/ refugium, MAS CR418 calcium reactor w/ Mag5 and Blueline CO2, Vertex IN-180 protein skimmer w/ Mag5, Mag9.5 return, 150 Phosban Reactor w/ MJ 1200, 1 Ebo 200w heater, 90lbs. LR, 80lbs. Carib-Sea aragonite, Cooltouch MH lights -2 x 400watt (20K & 14K) PFO hoods & Coralife 65w PC in custom hood with fan, Coralife 3-3/4watt mini moonlights, 8 jet Closed Loop System w/Reef-flo Dart, Aqua-Safe RO/DI, JBJ Auto Top Off unit w/Mag 5 return, 12g Nano cube, 10g quarentine.

Quote Originally Posted by mike536 View Post
    will you be setting up the new tank in the same position as the old one or in a new room in the house? If it's going to a new room why not start making water now and put some live rock in there and let it get going for a bit.
    Hope this helps.
    Yes it is going into a new location so yeah I do have a few bits of rocks in there already the only problem is the majority of my live rock has coral attached to it (I now know not to attach coral to 20lb hunks of rock). So I think I'm gonna go out and pick up a bit of new live rock(cured of course) and smash it into dust so that I can dust the tank with it.

Thanks for the advice.