Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

How do prices compare?

I hope this doesn't offend anyone, but I'm fairly new to the hobby. I realize IJO, that this is your online forum, which is a branch of your business, but I would like somem input from those who buy from you.

Where do you go to check to see if the prices you are getting from IJO are the best. I realize that they more than likely are, but competition is always good for the buyer.

I know the local stores, IE Big Al's and Marinescape have their prices, but apart from that, people in Ottawa that is, where do you look for Livegoods, Drygoods, lighting..etc

hopefully I don't offend people, but I'm on a strict budget...

Any help would be great.
    Have you hugged your fish today?

ijo
    Fish_Geek... unless you shop online (J&L/Mops) you named the 2 in the Ottawa area that offer marine supplies. Ordering Drygoods online is the best solution as you will get the best bang for your buck. Some like to stay away from livegoods online as its tough to get an idea of what your buying without a picture and even with that... there is still a risk. To top it off... shipping livegoods does not come cheap... unless you plan on spending $200+ you will probably not save much if any after calculating the shipping and packing charges. Hope this helps.

IJO

Thx IJO, I appreciaet your honesty, however, your in this for the business of ($$$), like anyone else in your shoes, however I would still like to hear from those other struggliing hobbiest, just for my peace of mind. I hope you don't mind, me using yuor board to find this out, but this is one of the biggest if not the biggest around.

ijo
    lol Fish_Geek... I'm in it for much more than the $$$.... don't get me wrong... the money helps pay the bills and the server space but I work hard on making sure clients are happy.

If I think a client is buying something that is not needed or can wait. I'll let them know... if they still want to buy it... its their money... advice is free. yeah... we lose sales this way... but I think we gain many more loyal customers in return.

IJO

FISH GEEK

I've shopped at all the stores and there all good. AC is one of the best ones though for prices,quality,service and its only getting better. what other store offers free online forums with a wealth of info such as AC. He has also provided MASO a free forum to promote the meetings and frag trading. I've had nothing but great deals and AC has matched any price if not beat them out right. He also has a gaurentee on his lifestock up to a certain point. The other store in town is of course MARINE SCAPE and there also very good. I've shopped both.You can also order from JLAQUATIC but it is outwest and why bother with setting up a date to be at home for pickup,worry about dead/broken things from shipping when AC deals with that headache.[local of course]

Senior Member tang_man_montreal's Avatar
    Having purchased MANY things from here and abroad, I can surely attest that IJO's prices are definately hard to beat. Both in drygoods and livestock. I havn't even mentioned the personal touch and quality of service and products that he offers.

I can honestly say, without a doubt, that I have switched all my purchases here. I no longer need to order from anywhere else as IJO can get anything out there. Even if it isn't listed on the page, all you have to do is email a request for a product and he'll not only find it, but the price will be VERY competitive. All orders that I have placed have arrived on time or sooner, and as promised.

As a customer, I couldn't be happier.
    I am Homer of BORG... Prepare to be..OOOO!! DONUT!!!!!!

Thx Johnny Rock and tang_man_montreal, it good to hear that people are extremely satisfied with their dealings with IJO. I have already dealt somewhat with him, and I to was very satisfied.

It looks like I'll be doing business with Aquaria Canada, unless other people have better DEALS....:angel:

ijo
    You can get some great deals by showing up at the MASO meeting and trading with the other members. If you have nothing to trade.. members also show up and sell these coral pieces real cheap..

IJO

thx.. I might just do that...

I guess I should throw in my 2 cents too since I just picked up some stuff at IJO's (thanks, the snails are doing good so far!). I don't think his price can be beaten. On top of that, you get to pick his brain a little while you're there and as far as I can tell he has been very honest and open. I have bought stuff elsewhere sometimes out of convenience, but since I'm new at this, I also like to see what I'm buying. Here's hoping IJO ramps up his business, it should get interesting! Marinescape is also very good.
    thanks.
    thien

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast