Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

clown in QT not eating

I have both my red and black (or cinnamon) clowns in QT.
    Her scales where whitish (after she killed the anemone:bawling: ) and then she mauled the male and left flesh hanging off him and he got ich (no wonder):madder:
    The ichs gone, and her scales are better, but she's stopped eating, and bites him if he does.
    I moved them to another QT to get away from the ich and into better parameters 2 days ago.
    I noticed the male has a large white cylindrical spot on the bottom fin, that I hadn't noticed before and both fins look ragged.
    She has blue on her bottom lip and chin that is slowwwly clearing, and has stopped hiding in the terracotta pot, asked all the RS and NFI.
    I Have used broad-spectrum anti-biotics as I assumed it was some sort of fungus, garlic and Vit C.... and no change in either.
    The male is eating well but the female hasn't eaten in 4-5 days.(and attacks him and tries to stop him from eating)
    They've been in QT for 2 weeks.
    Umm....
    :help:
    "The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them."
    - Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

QT them in different tanks! ..

Have you tried EM2 Tablets?

I had 2 QT's running and just washed one out, was thinking of the same thing, but I don't have a filter and PH for both so the water changes are frequent, I put an ammonia ball in the one w/out the filter and that helped..I separated them with plastic chicken wire and he got around it today, so she wont attack him for a few days (running 3 tanks is really hard.) I'll try set up the second today.
    I had a small positive today the female clown ate 1 fleck of frozen brine/shrimp.
    I managed to get some pics, if you could ID the diseases, (they came sick from the LRS.)
    We don't have EM2 tablets here, nor Kick-ich for that matter. I'll PM you on that one...
    The spots on the pics are the stuff on the bottom of the tank that I have to siphon out today when I do the water change.
    This one is the female with the blue mouth.
    "The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them."

This is the male with the white "thing", it looks separate from the body, but fully attached.
    I noticed too when looking at the photos that his stripe is not straight anymore...
    The white spots are the stuff that has too be cleaned from the QT today when I do yet another w/change.

Senior Member tang_man_montreal's Avatar
    From the pics, it looks like a smattering of Ich. However it could also be Brookynella.
    Could you post a picture of the whole fish?

IF there is a single white thing, it could also be an isopod. However, I'd like to see a clearer pic of the fish once you have cleaned the tank.
    I am Homer of BORG... Prepare to be..OOOO!! DONUT!!!!!!

Brookynella seems to be a good diagnosis.
    I'll try get a better photo tomorrow. (though they don't like to pose for very long..) I noticed that the male is also bleeding on side, looks like a lesion, similar to Vibrio.
    Is Brookynella contagious and what are the implications of Vibrio on the tank?
    Any thoughts on the blue female?

I haven't read before if these were a mated pair .... with the savageness of the attacks I would guess these are both females....???
    It's not junk, it's un-assembled DIY!

tiffany,

Here in North America we go crazy trying to find "Black Ocellaris" from Australia ..... have you considered these?

Although local, they are more gentle .....
    It's not junk, it's un-assembled DIY!

They're a pair alright....
    I had a lovely pair of black and White Ocillaris. Beautiful and peaceful, and cute and mated 24/7....I was selfish and wanted the symbiotic thing, (they never looked at the anemone in 8 months) so I thought I'd try another variety. (is there a smilie that kicks in you the ***)
    I attached a sentimental pic. I miss those guys, but I don't have the lighting for their natural host anemones and in contrast to what we're told they don't take to others, except in rare situations and then I'd be better of with the fake plant they used occasionally when it was covered in hair algae...

The female ate well today, for the first time, but still prefers blue lipstick!!
    I'd dosed the QT with Tri-Sulfate again yesterday, and she's chilled and stopped going for the male. Though the male is showing little signs of visual improvement, and has developed another white "thing" on the other side the same but smaller, and fin rot is getting slowly worse (and I've added Melafix) and there are new blood patches on him, not from her .... but is a voracious eater still.
    I tried to get some better pics, but it was hard, this is the best I could do, there is still detritus in the tank due to the size, so there are spots in the pics.
    This is of the male, showing the blood.
    I'm starting to think euthanasia may be the sensible thing to do.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast