Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Marine S.A.T.?

Marine S.A.T.?

Anyone know where I can get marine S.A.T. that ships in Canada? Thnaks for the help

What is marine S.A.T.?
    Rob
    -----
    Upgrade in the works! Keep looking for an update.

Maybe you could post a pic?
    100G Reef
    Purple,Blue,Yellow and Sailfin Tangs.Damsel,Clown and Coral Beauty,Fosters Hawkfish.
    Many mixed corals and clams.
    65G fuge in basement.
    Mag 24 return,RODI,2 Phosban reactors and UV.
    620w in DT.

after a quick Google, it's either a DBS marine tracking system for cruising boats or a hair algae treatment. :b2:

link

i'm not sure were to get it in Canada but most stores will carry something similar to this product. the problem is that even if this stuff works, it is only a band aid, you need to find the source of the excess nutrients or you will be fighting the problem for a very long time and spending lots of $$$ to cover up the real problem.

HTH
    `

120S RR tank with 60G basement sump / fuge

Return Pump: Little Giant 4-MDQX SC
    Water Movement: MP40W, Seio 1500, (2) Hydor K4's
    Lighting: 400W SE MH with 10K Venture
    Skimmer: Euro-Reef RS250 with gate valve
    Other: RODI, RDSB, PO4/AC reactor

My Gallery

thats the problem....

I run all my tests. Phosphates have been at zero for weeks, I use only bottled water, no flake food. The only problem I have is one small area of cyano that keeps showing up on one single rock, and this short hair algae that is starting to pop up all over my tank, and nobody can even seem to agree on what type of algae it is. I'm out of ideas, but this product came highly recommended not only for its algae removing properties, but as a general water "polisher" for lack of a better word.

How mature is your tank?

Sounds like the new tank syndrom to me.

Do you have a TDS meter to test your "bottled water" ?

Quote Originally Posted by Melonbob View Post
    this product came highly recommended not only for its algae removing properties, but as a general water "polisher" for lack of a better word.
    That's what carbon is for.

I replace 1cup of black diamon carbon per week. I use a media bag zip-tied to my skimmer output.

My water used to be pretty yellow when I did water changes but now its amazingly clear. :b2:

Water

The water I use came on the recommendation of my LFS, he told me if I was going to buy water, this was the best to get locally.....but no, I haven't tested it for TDS......

Quote Originally Posted by Melonbob View Post
    I run all my tests. Phosphates have been at zero for weeks, I use only bottled water, no flake food. The only problem I have is one small area of cyano that keeps showing up on one single rock, and this short hair algae that is starting to pop up all over my tank, and nobody can even seem to agree on what type of algae it is. I'm out of ideas, but this product came highly recommended not only for its algae removing properties, but as a general water "polisher" for lack of a better word.

could the LFS test the water with a TDS meter? ( if they sell RODI systems they should be able to ) i agree, this is where the nutrients are more than likely coming in. human safe drinking water still has stuff in it that is no good for a reef tank. can you get distilled water? if this is the source then the answer is to get a RODI system or you can try something to remove the nutrients........

Cyano is fed by excess CO2 and PO4, add a little more flow or re-adjust the flow you have to take away ( oxygenate ) the dead spot.

the algae in your first pics is either regular GHA or possibly maidens hair algae, either way the answer is the same. you need to get rid of the of the excess nutrients and preferably the source.

what test kit are you using for PO4?? the problem is that you only need .026ppm to have an algae break out and most test kits don't measure down that far. another reason you could be testing 0 is because the algae is using all the free PO4 for growth. regardless of what the test kit says that fact that you have the algae is proof they are there.

i know you have no sump, could you use a hang on refugium to grow macro algae?? chaeto consumes both nitrates and phosphates, which are removed by harvesting the macro algae.

you can use a PO4 remover in a reactor / sock in a high flow area.

you should also add to your CUC to help consume the algae you have and will have.

HTH
    `

120S RR tank with 60G basement sump / fuge

Return Pump: Little Giant 4-MDQX SC
    Water Movement: MP40W, Seio 1500, (2) Hydor K4's
    Lighting: 400W SE MH with 10K Venture
    Skimmer: Euro-Reef RS250 with gate valve
    Other: RODI, RDSB, PO4/AC reactor

My Gallery

water

The water I get is RO water from a local bottling company. The grocery store here in town carries Distilled water, and is actually a bit cheaper than the stuff I'm using, I can give it a try.....thanks!

As for CUC, how do you know when you've got too much? I have about 20 snails, including a cool cowrie I just bought, an emerald crab, 5 hermits.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast