saltwater tank question

ok. I am looking after a friends saltwater tank i can do everything i need to so far except one thing on the instructions left with me, " fill salt water jug with RO water and dump into garbage can, should get 2.5 jugs before running out." im lost please help

how long have you been looking after the tank?

have you been topping it up with water??

is there any water in the garbage can??
    `

120S RR tank with 60G basement sump / fuge

Return Pump: Little Giant 4-MDQX SC
    Water Movement: MP40W, Seio 1500, (2) Hydor K4's
    Lighting: 400W SE MH with 10K Venture
    Skimmer: Euro-Reef RS250 with gate valve
    Other: RODI, RDSB, PO4/AC reactor

My Gallery

re:

i have been looking after it for a day now and ya i topped it off this morning the salt levels are right, i also added a bunch of new hermi crabs and two new fish which lived through the night and are still swimming around.

p.s. i am looking after yukonchicks tank

and yes there is purified water in both cans

Is it the garbage can? or RO water that you're confused about?

RO water is the water that comes out of the fancy little filtration system with the several sections of different filters... It's just a form of very clean water that you don't get from just taking it from any tap in the house... it sounds like they're saying you can get 2.5 jugs of RO water out of the unit until it slows down to a dribble...
    120g AGA~145 lbs Haitian LR~DA Reef Keeper 2 Controller~Dual 14k 250 DE MH's~Dual Overflows~Dual 250w Jager Heaters~Dual 96W Actinics~30g Sump/Refugium~Mag 12 Return~140 lbs Reefgrade Caribsea Aragonite~BubbleKing 180 Skimmer~Phosban Reactor~GEO Kalk Reactor~Powerheads:MP40w/Seio 820/modified Powersweep 270 with Hydor rotating deflector~Digital lighting timer for moon/fuge lighting~7 stage RODI filtration~Quarantine: modified 12.5g Marineland Eclipse

Quote Originally Posted by yukonhousesitter View Post
    i have been looking after it for a day now and ya i topped it off this morning the salt levels are right, i also added a bunch of new hermi crabs and two new fish which lived through the night and are still swimming around.

p.s. i am looking after yukonchicks tank

and yes there is purified water in both cans
    I'm confused myself as to why a person who is lost about RO water and a garbage can was left behind to add hermit crabs and fish to someone else's tank.
    120g AGA~145 lbs Haitian LR~DA Reef Keeper 2 Controller~Dual 14k 250 DE MH's~Dual Overflows~Dual 250w Jager Heaters~Dual 96W Actinics~30g Sump/Refugium~Mag 12 Return~140 lbs Reefgrade Caribsea Aragonite~BubbleKing 180 Skimmer~Phosban Reactor~GEO Kalk Reactor~Powerheads:MP40w/Seio 820/modified Powersweep 270 with Hydor rotating deflector~Digital lighting timer for moon/fuge lighting~7 stage RODI filtration~Quarantine: modified 12.5g Marineland Eclipse

ok. I am looking after a friends saltwater tank i can do everything i need to so far except one thing on the instructions left with me, " fill salt water jug with RO water and dump into garbage can, should get 2.5 jugs before running out." im lost please help
    i'm not sure what this step is for...... as long as you are topping up the tank with purified water ( no salt ) at least once a day then everything should be ok.
    `

120S RR tank with 60G basement sump / fuge

Return Pump: Little Giant 4-MDQX SC
    Water Movement: MP40W, Seio 1500, (2) Hydor K4's
    Lighting: 400W SE MH with 10K Venture
    Skimmer: Euro-Reef RS250 with gate valve
    Other: RODI, RDSB, PO4/AC reactor

My Gallery

ya the fish are still alive thats the important part and the shellsfish are moving around the tank eating the algea and. thanks for the help guys. p.s. and the reason that i had to do the fish transport my self was because they're plane for a vacation left like an hour and a half before the fish got here :P bad luck id say.

ya the fish are still alive thats the important part and the shellsfish are moving around the tank eating the algea and. thanks for the help guys. p.s. and the reason that i had to do the fish transport my self was because they're plane for a vacation left like an hour and a half before the fish got here :P bad luck id say.
    so you did the acclimation and everything? Is the fish eating?