What to do next?

Hey guys I have a 75g with 1 scopa tang, 1 blue tang, and 4 percs. I was wondering what soft coral and what anemone would go well with this combo? I have a few ideas but I would like to know from those who have already experienced before I destroy what I have accomplished. My lighting is the current usa pc 2 acnitic and 2 12000k with 4 moonlight. Also how many more fish I can add (with suggestion on types of fish)?
    Again thanks in advance for your help

You will want to be careful with the quantity of fish that you add since saltwater fish require lots of room (compared to freshwater). Your Percs. should have already set-up a territory and your tangs requires lots of room. How long has your tank been operating, what are your tanks dimensions?

If you are just starting with Corals, I would recommend to start with the easy Mushroom Coral. They come in a large varity of colours and styles. Once you have mastered these then move-up.

tank

I'm not sure how old your tank is, but be VERY careful with anemones. They require excellent water quality, and a stable, mature tank. I went with a sebae at 6mths, it lasted 48hrs, and damn near wiped out my tank when it croaked. If you insist, go with a bubble tip, they tend to be the easiest to keep. You can probably go with a few more fish, but the tangs are too much for a 75 IMHO.

great advice :b16:

i would also consider taking 2 of the clowns back, once a male and female are decided on usually the other juvi's don't make it.

are your clowns true or false percs? ( Amphiprion percula or Amphiprion ocellaris )
    `

120S RR tank with 60G basement sump / fuge

Return Pump: Little Giant 4-MDQX SC
    Water Movement: MP40W, Seio 1500, (2) Hydor K4's
    Lighting: 400W SE MH with 10K Venture
    Skimmer: Euro-Reef RS250 with gate valve
    Other: RODI, RDSB, PO4/AC reactor

My Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Melonbob View Post
    I'm not sure how old your tank is, but be VERY careful with anemones. They require excellent water quality, and a stable, mature tank. I went with a sebae at 6mths, it lasted 48hrs, and damn near wiped out my tank when it croaked. If you insist, go with a bubble tip, they tend to be the easiest to keep. You can probably go with a few more fish, but the tangs are too much for a 75 IMHO.
    The tanks was own by a previous owner and was running for about a year and now I have had it for 6mths. The tang was also own by the previous owner. The bubble tip is what I was thinking of going with and getting a leather. But what other fish do you recommend. My water quality is great am always testing it.

Quote Originally Posted by a4twenty View Post
    great advice :b16:

i would also consider taking 2 of the clowns back, once a male and female are decided on usually the other juvi's don't make it.

are your clowns true or false percs? ( Amphiprion percula or Amphiprion ocellaris )
    They are false percs, I have noticed that they are picking on the juvi's the LFS told me that if I add them in pairs they would be ok. But I think your right I should return them. Thanks for the heads up.

Quote Originally Posted by igotit8869 View Post
    They are false percs, I have noticed that they are picking on the juvi's the LFS told me that if I add them in pairs they would be ok. But I think your right I should return them. Thanks for the heads up.

our tanks ( yours and mine ) are to small to house two pairs of clowns and even if they were large enough, i'm not to sure if they would be large enough to house two pairs of the same species. generally you want to make it so they never really even see each other.

false percs will host in just about anything but unfortunately their only natural anemone hosts are the most difficult anemones to keep. ( anemones don't go from easy to difficult, they go from difficult to most difficult :b13: )

by the sounds of it your tank is ready to try one. BTA's are beautiful and a little easier to care for, most people start with them. they do have bit of a wandering problem ( keep power heads away ) but with regular feeding they usually stay put. i have also seen false percs host in them, just not in my tank.

unlike other inverts that usually have little or no impact on your bioload, anemones produce larger amounts of waste and can actually add to it. so if you decide to give one a try, add him alone and keep watching your params
    `

120S RR tank with 60G basement sump / fuge

Return Pump: Little Giant 4-MDQX SC
    Water Movement: MP40W, Seio 1500, (2) Hydor K4's
    Lighting: 400W SE MH with 10K Venture
    Skimmer: Euro-Reef RS250 with gate valve
    Other: RODI, RDSB, PO4/AC reactor

My Gallery

ijo
    I had huge issues with my RBTA moving around... It would stay put for a few weeks and then move... even with regular feedings. I also had a pair of darwin clowns that wouldn't go near it...(once you can get a pair to host the anemone... there is a good chance it will stay put). If you can get the clowns to host... you should be ok if you keep your water quality in check. You also won't have to feed it anymore as the clowns should take care of this for you(its very cool to watch!!)

IJO

If you aren't dead set on getting an anemone I would ask you to consider getting a coral that is "anemone like" such as a toadstool leather that you can often get clowns to accept as a host without having to worry about the extra care that an anemone requires.

Give it a thought and if you would like to see my skunk clowns as proof check out this pic. Other corals that I have seen clownfish accept include frilly/hairy mushrooms, some bubble corals and torches (though this tends to hurt the last two). Personally I would leave the anemone idea for a time when you have more experience and are certain to dedicate the proper amount of time into caring for one.
    That's it for now, keep reef'n

My Tank

I know what to do next!

You should buy JoŽl 25 pounds of liverock and nice moon lights

The pink stuff is spreading finally - I'll show you pics tomorrow at work
    Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better -Albert Einstein