I need help, to set up my calcium reactor pls

hi all, i just bought a coral life reactor & dont know how to set it up. I really need help from you guys plsss.. anybody there who's free tomorrow to show me how to do it. can't do by myself im afraid to make mistake so pls really need help. Im not sure what im doing tonight, i treid seems im not getting it through. im home whole day pls pm if you guys would like to help me pls:b11:

powder18

nobody? anyway thanks a lot i found out why my regulator isn't working properly because its broken . anyway any body knows where i could get a new regulator or complete set i've got this milwuakee but i want the same too ? I got coral life 250 calcium re actor i need a used regulator still good or brand new one let me know guys pm me pls:b11:

Hey Powder18,
    while I can't say where you could get a new regulator I will say that I too am using the same equipment as yourself milwakee and coralife. With my setup I found that the electric solenoid on the controller ocassionally sticks shut and is easily fixed by a quick unplugging of the unit. As for the reactor itself, I'm sorry to say but I have nothing but complaints for the rather shoddy craftsmanship. I know the price is great for the coralife units but mine leaked right out of the box. I should have returned it but decided to seal it with silicone instead. Just some of the problems that I found with the unit are:

1) the leaks 2) the unit should be gravity fed as the pump the coralife unit uses barely has the strength to pull water 3) co2 tends to accumulate at the top of the unit which needs to be bled off otherwise the water level will drop in the unit effectively stopping the reactor from working properly 4) you may want to elevate the substrate off of the bottom of the unit as it can create a channel easily (I did this with a small bit of lighting diffuser (egg crate) and the supplied sponge the unit should have came with. 5) the small adjustment nob should be put on the return line not the input line as suggested by the instructions, this will give you much easier control over the drip rate as changes made will be noticable much sooner.

I know you may not find the same problems and I am sorry to have to point them out but this is one purchase I seriously regret making. When I have the extra money you can bet it will be the first piece of equipment that gets replaced. Again I'm sorry to rant but if you can afford it I would get a reactor that is much better designed.
    That's it for now, keep reef'n

My Tank

Powder18, if you are looking to get a regulator right away, you can check with Redbelly (Reef Canada). he may have some in stock. Marinescape I believe may have one as well, but I do not know what brand they carry. Both are sponsors here. Either can order them in if they do not have them in stock.

Quote Originally Posted by Powder18 View Post
    nobody? anyway thanks a lot i found out why my regulator isn't working properly because its broken . anyway any body knows where i could get a new regulator or complete set i've got this milwuakee but i want the same too ? I got coral life 250 calcium re actor i need a used regulator still good or brand new one let me know guys pm me pls:b11:
    180g with 2 x 54g corner bowfront bookends. 220 FOWLR in the works, 75g sump, 75g fuge, 75g QT.
    Solaris I4 72", 2 x 150 HQI Outer Orbit Pendants, Reeflo Orca 250, Profilux controller, Tunze 6101's and 6055's, Deltec CA Rx, PM Kalk Mixer, PM SR45 reactors.

powder18

there's nothing wrong with my reactor its just that regulator isn't working properly, isnted of using it again i rather to buy a new just incased something fails went wrong cause me a problem again. thanks a lot reef appreciated your help.