Anyone heard of discountedpetproducts.net?

Has anyone out there purchased from them? I am particularly interested in how their live rock and dry rock is. Here is a link..

http://www.discountedpetproducts.ne...e+%26+Base+Rock

Here is the link to their aquacultured live rock:
    http://www.discountedpetproducts.ne...Box-P72263.html

I was going to by 50lbs of spaghetti rock from Bulkreefsupply or 50 lbs of Marco Rocks but I came across this.. thanks for your opinions.

ijo
    I have never heard of them but their live rock looks super nice!!! They are located in the USA and not sure how you would be able to bring the rock over the border.

IJO

I guess the fact that it is not from the ocean does not make a difference? Hmmm.. guess I'll have to get some dry live rock.. I know Marco Rocks and the Eco Rox have a good reputation.. but some of the dry rock from this site is half the price.. wish someone could tell me how their order turned out!

I would probably look to our sponsers first. Shipping from the US can be costly and with the current exchange rates. If no sponsors carry it JL Aquatics has it for only $65CDN. Here's the link

The only time I have found it worth ordering from the states is when I cannot find a Canadian source for it.
    Rob
    -----
    Upgrade in the works! Keep looking for an update.

Senior Member upthecreekwithoutapaddle's Avatar
    how much does jl charge for shipping 50lb box? any ideas
    anyone have experience wiht this product; how does it look and what size are the pieces?

I've had experience with J&L Aquatics. Great group of folks, excellent service and products but I have not purchased liverock from them.
    To fly my shipment of livestock from Richmond, BC to Whitehorse, YT it was 50$ for 50 lbs or less.
    Resistance is futile, you will be assimilated!

I looked into bringing in dry rock from Marco and Bulk Reef a few months back, when the dollar was even'sh. At the time it was about $4/lb to my door. I decided the savings were not great enough and decided to hold out for people selling off live rock. I bought 200 lbs between two people, one batch was $3/lbs. and the other was $4/lbs. and all of it is really nice!

I have decided to do the same! Found some awsome rock being sold off 2 hrs from me.. worth the drive!

Quote Originally Posted by RossW View Post
    I looked into bringing in dry rock from Marco and Bulk Reef a few months back, when the dollar was even'sh. At the time it was about $4/lb to my door. I decided the savings were not great enough and decided to hold out for people selling off live rock. I bought 200 lbs between two people, one batch was $3/lbs. and the other was $4/lbs. and all of it is really nice!

Senior Member upthecreekwithoutapaddle's Avatar
    i have done both--the dry rock from bulkreef is exceptional quality, (just like the pics), for the price (when the dollar was good). worked out to be 4$$ lb..this stuff is not base rock.
    but yeh great deals are always out there locally for LR. some of the stuff i bought was infested with anthelia, but at 2.00lb can argue...i dried it out and cured again...

oh man.. bulkreefsupply is selling their EcoRox and Spaghetti rock at 1.19 a lb now for Black Friday..