how to post photos on Aquaria Canada

having explained these methods a couple of times in PM's, it finally dawned on me to post a thread explaining some of the easy methods to post pictures here on AC. with any of these methods i find it best to crop / resize your photos before uploading. many of us have software to do this but if not i have been using irfanview for a while, it's free and easy to use. hope you find this thread useful :b15:

Method 1

my favourite method is to open a free photobucket account, this gives you 1G of storage space and 25G of bandwidth. using photobucket also allows you to post your picture on multiply boards without having to upload them individually. there are also ways to resize and edit your photos here but i still prefer to do all editing on my computer first, then upload the photos.

1. create a free account on photobucket
    2. crop / resize the photos you want to upload. ( or you can do this later on PB)
    3. from the main page of your new album, you will see an option to 'Upload Images & Video's'. there are also options to choose the source / resize and use a bulk uploader. once you select your source, click on the 'Choose files' button.

4. now you can browse your source and select the file to upload, once selected you will be taken to another page to add a title / description / tags as well as edit your photo. when finished click 'save and continue', this will return you to your album.

5. on your main album page you will see a link 'link options' under the last photo you uploaded.

if you don't see this link, it can be accesed through your 'account options' found on the top right of the main page.

then under 'album settings'

which ever method you use, select 'link options'
    6. a window will pop up, asking you to 'Choose which link codes to show by default'. the two i find most useful for this are under 'IMG for bulletin boards & forums'. check both if not already selected and uncheck the ones you don't want then click save and return to your album.

7. underneath the thumbnail in your album you will see the options selected in the previous step. now its as simple as left, right clicking on the text in the white box and selecting 'copy'.

8. then just paste the text directly into the post editor here on AC, the {IMG} tags have already been added for you.

`

120S RR tank with 60G basement sump / fuge

Return Pump: Little Giant 4-MDQX SC
    Water Movement: MP40W, Seio 1500, (2) Hydor K4's
    Lighting: 400W SE MH with 10K Venture
    Skimmer: Euro-Reef RS250 with gate valve
    Other: RODI, RDSB, PO4/AC reactor

My Gallery

Method 2

you can upload your photos directly to AC and store them here on our server. i don't use this method much because it takes up server space and some forums ( not AC ) put a watermark on your photos and they become their property. also most forums will not allow you to link to photos on there server, so you need to do this on all the forums you want to post to. again i find it best to crop / resize your photos before starting.

1. crop / resize the photos you want to upload.
    2. from the AC home page, under 'Main Menu', select 'Photopost'
    3. this will take you to a new page, then click on 'Upload Photos', found at the top right side of the page.
    4. another new page will open and you will see a section titled 'Upload Photo". click browse and select the file from your computer. i like to leave all my photos in 'members galleries' and add keywords to allow people to search and find my photos. fill out the title / description and keywords, then click 'upload / submit.
    5. now you can access your photos from the 'Photopost' page by clicking on 'My Photos'
    6. click on the photo you want to use, to open it, then right click on the photo and select 'copy image location'.
    7. now from the post editor select the small 'insert image' icon from the tool bar above the editor window.
    8. a window will pop up, prompting you to for the URL of the image. paste the info copied previously here, then click ok. the software will add the {IMG} tags and your photo will now appear in your post.

`

My Gallery

Method 3

you can upload your photos as attachments and store them here on our servers. i don't use this method either for the same reasons as method 2. again i find it best to crop / resize your photos before starting.

1. crop / resize the photos you want to upload.
    2. when you have written your message, you will see some 'additional options' in the block under the editor window. select 'manage attachments' under the 'attach files' heading.
    3. a window will pop up, allowing you to browse your computer and select the photos to upload. once you have selected the photos, click 'upload'.
    4. your photos will now be included as clickable thumbnails at the end of your post.

`

My Gallery

Awsome thread. I made it a sticky so every one can find it easily.
    Rob
    -----
    Upgrade in the works! Keep looking for an update.

Great work a4twenty! Thanks for taking the time to share your knowledge, I learned something!
    Resistance is futile, you will be assimilated!

thanks, now there are no excuses for new members to not post pics, my favourite part. :b7:
    `

My Gallery

ijo
    Nice 420... I have no idea how I missed this one...

IJO