Thread: QT to DT

QT to DT

I have yet another question. If my water is the same in my QT as in my DT other than the DT is 4 degrees higher temp do I have to acclimatize the fish when moving them over?

Yes. Your water is never truley the same between two different tanks. As well 4 degrees of temp is a large amount if it is not slowly changed over. I have my QT tank setup that I can turn a valve and join it to the rest of the system for slow automatic acclimations if all is well or it also has a drain valve if I don't want the water to mix. Now I use mine as a QT tank only so no meds ever.
    Rob
    -----
    Upgrade in the works! Keep looking for an update.

Quote Originally Posted by ShipWreck View Post
    Yes. Your water is never truley the same between two different tanks. As well 4 degrees of temp is a large amount if it is not slowly changed over. I have my QT tank setup that I can turn a valve and join it to the rest of the system for slow automatic acclimations if all is well or it also has a drain valve if I don't want the water to mix. Now I use mine as a QT tank only so no meds ever.
    Thats a great idea, thanks.

liv
    I use the water from my water changes to fill and change the water in my QT.
    this way usually close to same parameters.

But yes, acclimate at all times.

moving.. so temporarily out of SW :b8:
    planning next tank, possibly 60x30x20 on 2x plasma.
    updated: 2011/05/30

Quote Originally Posted by liv View Post
    I use the water from my water changes to fill and change the water in my QT.
    this way usually close to same parameters.

But yes, acclimate at all times.
    Thanks, I used the DT water for the QT as well. Its tests the same except for the temp. I didn't acclimatize very long and I added 2 orange anthias, 1 male and 1 female, they seem to being doing well, they are eating lots.