Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    58

    Royal Gramma with Tang

    Do you think a royal gramma is too timid to keep with tangs. I didn't know this but since adding my tang my gramma has never really adjusted and as of today is not eating and hiding by the heater. Do you guys have royal grammas with your tangs?

  2. #2
    Former Moderator a4twenty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    2,819
    how long have you had both fish??


    they should be fine together, the gramma should stick to his territory ( rocks and caves ) and easily avoid the tangs aggressions.

    not eating isn't usually a good sign, is his belly sunken in??
    `

    120S RR tank with 60G basement sump / fuge

    Return Pump: Little Giant 4-MDQX SC
    Water Movement: MP40W, Seio 1500, (2) Hydor K4's
    Lighting: 400W SE MH with 10K Venture
    Skimmer: Euro-Reef RS250 with gate valve
    Other: RODI, RDSB, PO4/AC reactor


    My Gallery

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    58
    Quote Originally Posted by a4twenty View Post
    how long have you had both fish??


    they should be fine together, the gramma should stick to his territory ( rocks and caves ) and easily avoid the tangs aggressions.

    not eating isn't usually a good sign, is his belly sunken in??
    I have had the gramma 6mths and the tang 2weeks. The gramma does have lots of hiding spots and can easily avoid the tang but the cave he prefers to sleep in is also the cave the tang seems to want. He actually looks fat so I am hoping that maybe I am overfeeding abit and he is just full.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    316

    powder18

    what kind of tang do you have in your tank? normaly tang leaves behind all its tank mate, exept its own kind of tang and agression each other of tang always there. i got this tiny powder brown tang 2"inch i guess in my 40 gal cube tank with royal gramma actually i have pair of gramma in my tank seems its getting alone all together. gramma's always hiding in the cave and like he said a4twenty its always stick in its terretory. its cute though see them in my tank wondering around looking for small phyto swiminng around.:b2:

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    58
    Quote Originally Posted by Powder18 View Post
    what kind of tang do you have in your tank? normaly tang leaves behind all its tank mate, exept its own kind of tang and agression each other of tang always there. i got this tiny powder brown tang 2"inch i guess in my 40 gal cube tank with royal gramma actually i have pair of gramma in my tank seems its getting alone all together. gramma's always hiding in the cave and like he said a4twenty its always stick in its terretory. its cute though see them in my tank wondering around looking for small phyto swiminng around.:b2:
    I have a sohal but my gramma is out eating again now. I think I was overfeeding and he was just full but my grammas cave is very close to sohals cave so I think there is a little tension there.

  6. #6
    Former Moderator a4twenty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    2,819
    if there's some tension, move a few rocks around. this confuses the fish into picking new territories.

    good luck :b2:
    `

    120S RR tank with 60G basement sump / fuge

    Return Pump: Little Giant 4-MDQX SC
    Water Movement: MP40W, Seio 1500, (2) Hydor K4's
    Lighting: 400W SE MH with 10K Venture
    Skimmer: Euro-Reef RS250 with gate valve
    Other: RODI, RDSB, PO4/AC reactor


    My Gallery

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    58
    Quote Originally Posted by a4twenty View Post
    if there's some tension, move a few rocks around. this confuses the fish into picking new territories.

    good luck :b2:

    Thanks, I did just add a few rocks hoping this would give them a few more spots.

Similar Threads

  1. Royal Gramma...
    By RaceFaceR1 in forum Reef Discussion
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 12-21-2005, 05:15 PM
  2. Royal Gramma - for sale
    By atlantic in forum NRC
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-27-2005, 08:35 PM
  3. Royal Gramma vs Maroon Clown
    By mike536 in forum Just Getting Started
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-16-2004, 01:44 AM
  4. Royal Gramma 4 Sale!
    By john rock in forum AC Classifieds
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-20-2004, 12:51 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •