feather duster dead or alive?

pick up about 3 yesterday they were still in the tube but when I got home and put the in the tank the seemed pretty limp with what i guess is the body sticking out but it looks like how can I describe this shival up califlower.
    and the re not moving at all.

liv
    how are they doing today ?
    how did you acclimate them ? and any possible tank predators ?
    what fish and critters you got in your setup ?

moving.. so temporarily out of SW :b8:
    planning next tank, possibly 60x30x20 on 2x plasma.
    updated: 2011/05/30

ijo
    Usually feather dusters will lose thier heads before they die... I have seen a few leave tube shell all together and wander off to another part of the tank... most of the time they will not make it but I have had one rebuild its tube. I don't think all is lost in your case KingFisher... keep an eye on them and keep us updated.

IJO

I had some experience before, they are very sensitive with 'everything' in the first 2 weeks, even I walked a little close then they will hide (go back to tube) or the hermit crab close by, they will hide too. Just wait for few more days or even few weeks (They may come out at night when you are not around), if they die, they will come out from the tube so you can tell. Or I had one experience that I accidently pull them out of the tube (I felt so bad after that happen), if they stick in the rock and if no predator to bother them, they able to rebuild the tube by themselves. However, I am not sure you put them on the quarantine tank or not, and that's I strongly recommend before you put them in the display tank. Good luck and keep us update.
    :028:

It ain't about how you hit, it is about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward

Quote Originally Posted by yauvincent View Post
    I had some experience before, they are very sensitive with 'everything' in the first 2 weeks, even I walked a little close then they will hide (go back to tube) or the hermit crab close by, they will hide too. Just wait for few more days or even few weeks (They may come out at night when you are not around), if they die, they will come out from the tube so you can tell. Or I had one experience that I accidently pull them out of the tube (I felt so bad after that happen), if they stick in the rock and if no predator to bother them, they able to rebuild the tube by themselves. However, I am not sure you put them on the quarantine tank or not, and that's I strongly recommend before you put them in the display tank. Good luck and keep us update.

hey they finally emergeged after a few days they really respond to live plankton