one thing after the next - light broke

The light on our light fixture on our 15 gallon went again - a 96w quad square pin power compact. I ordered a new one online. No one had one in stock locally. The company shipped me a stupid 32" light in error. Figures its Friday night (they aren't answering the phone) and will be at least Wednesday before I have the correct replacement.

Do you guys have any suggestions - last time our light broke - the bubble algae and cyano went crazy because of the cheap lighting I had to set up in the meantime. I have a clamp light over it right now but I know I'm asking for a nightmare.

There are only zoas, and greenstar polyp and a few mushrooms in the tank right now. And lovely bubble algae.

Its really one thing after the next with this tank.

Thank you.

Is not light an option? I have never left my lights off for 5 days but I used to always leave them off one day a week. With no light, would your tank be in total darkness or would it get some ambient light?

What about picking up a small T5 fixture. Be easier getting lights going forward.
    Rob
    -----
    Upgrade in the works! Keep looking for an update.

I thought of a new fixture but I really really want to upgrade the tank to something bigger. Spending the money on something I will be hopefully only using until Christmas sucks.

Its in the basement recroom and where it is doesn't get much light. I'll do mostly lights out then until the new light comes in if everything will be fine until then.

Other option may be to find someone local that would lend you something. Many of us have a collection of "extras" built up. Where abouts are you?
    Rob
    -----
    Upgrade in the works! Keep looking for an update.

I have a coralife 96w 50/50 quad fixture sitting on my bed doing nothing. I could lend you the bulb, or even the whole fixture until you get what you need. If you're really stuck. Or you could buy the bulb from me, I believe it has 2 months use on it.
    120g AGA~145 lbs Haitian LR~DA Reef Keeper 2 Controller~Dual 14k 250 DE MH's~Dual Overflows~Dual 250w Jager Heaters~Dual 96W Actinics~30g Sump/Refugium~Mag 12 Return~140 lbs Reefgrade Caribsea Aragonite~BubbleKing 180 Skimmer~Phosban Reactor~GEO Kalk Reactor~Powerheads:MP40w/Seio 820/modified Powersweep 270 with Hydor rotating deflector~Digital lighting timer for moon/fuge lighting~7 stage RODI filtration~Quarantine: modified 12.5g Marineland Eclipse