Question shrinking pink tip anemone

does anyone know why a pink tip anemone would shrink it was really big then it just stared to shrink please help me..

same thing happened to mine, could be many factors: flow, lighting, nutrition, water chemistry, etc... mine shrunk almost to nothing, and hid for a couple of months. now it's starting to slowly come back. it's smaller than a dime right now. Try to target feed it if possible, when the tentacles are extended.

what kind of bulbs are the right ones for seabae???
    i am sure that is why he/she is small I have a 100 gallon tank

What are your water params, lighting, feeding, placement. We can help u better with this info along with pics.:b16:
    45G Tall, 20g sump/fuge, Boyu dg2520 skimmer, Rio 1700 rp, 2 Koralia K1 ph, 4x39w T5HO w 12 Cree XRE LED DIY, CS90 OF, Fish- 2 Ocel, 2 Neon Damsels, Algae Blenny, Serpent Star, CUC- 5BL Hermits, 4 Tiger Turbos, 10 Ceriths, 10 Nassarus, 10 Nerites, Corals- Xenias, Mushrooms, Yellow Polyps, Zoos, RBTA :b15:

I am not sure I bring my water in and get tested they tell me everything is great in my tank I think it is the bulb but iam not sure I bought a used light for salt water and the bulb burned out so I just but a marine light bulb in what light bulb do you use please help me I do not want my little thing to die..

if it helps i also have a Carpet Anemone that is not doing so well also..

thank you :b1:

from what i gather, it sounds like you have inadequate lighting. You said "the bulb burnt out", does that mean you only have one tube? do you know what type of bulb it is? Metal halide, power compact, t-5, t-8, t-12 ? For instance, if it's metal halide, you may be fine, but if it's a single tube type, then you aren't getting enough light to the Anemone. Try to check the packaging or look up the type of light you have online and go from there.

I have two Bulbs I know one is a
    Power-Glo Fluorescent Lamp but that is all i know about the bulb and the other one burnt out.. what other one should I use??

We need to better understand your tank to help you with what lighting you require. What are the dimensions of the tank and what type of corals do you wish to keep?

Are you current light bulbs a straight florescents? If so can you measure the diameter? I am going to assume they are 1" in diameter which means they are T8's, or standard flouresent lamps. These are typically considered inadequate for corals and are really just good for tank illumination.

Typically the minimum for lighting today for corals are T5HO (High Output) not to be confused with T5 (regular output), then go to Metal halide, LED's and LIFI. T5HO are usually good for up to about 18" unless you overdrive them and they can do 24". MH can be used for any depth as they come in 150, 175, 250, 400, and 1000 watt sizes. LED's and LIFI are on the new side and I have no long term data that I can share on these.

If you go with T5HO it is very important to get a fixture with individual reflectors as it is the reflector that makes them so powerfull. Less expensive fixtures have 1 large flat reflector or simple V shaped reflector panel, where the better units have a reflector for each light that is made with many facets and curves around the lamp.
    Rob
    -----
    Upgrade in the works! Keep looking for an update.

this might make a difference maybe, i think i saw you said you have two different kinds of anemones a sebae and a carpet, i remember when i was getting into anemones, they always told me i could only have one kind of there would chemical warefare going on in the tank.