Starting new set up, question about live rock

I am starting a new 120 gallon tank. I have had fw before but never a sw tank. The person I bought the tank from had live rock in it. Now that the rock has been out of water I assume everything on it has died. Should I summerse the rock in fresh water to kill off anything that may still be livingand clean all the stuff off it. I am planning to cycle my tank for atleast 3 weeks and hope in this time the rock will become live again. ( I will also add 5-6 pnds of live rock I buy) in total there is probably 90 lbs of rock. also when I took the rocks from his tank I could see these tiny white worm looking creatures on the rocks and bio balls, are these good to have? there were also some reg. looking worm things on there. I am very new to this and apologise if these are basic questions.

Hi there
    Your correct in that you should remove any dead stuff that you can. It may take you longer than 3 weeks too cycle. But mixing in live rock will help. Get yourself a good test kit, and watch the cycle happen until levels are safe. As for the worms if they have been out of the water for a while , they are most likely dead. ps. no one uses bio balls anymore.
    Enjoy and don't rush it..