bacterial eye infection??

Any of you know how to treat this on a lionfish.I am pretty sure that this is what he has...his eyes are cloudy and white spot on his eyes.No other visible spots

Volitan .. Are you sure this is not ICH. My book says :

"White spot in the middle of the eye" = bacterial eye infection.

"Cloudy Eyes" = Cryptocaryon infection.

If it is a Bacterial infection there's a rather long list of details to look for to discover which type is at work here and they are not all that common. If I were you I would treat this a ICH as is likely what your fish has. If however you are SURE it is bacterial go to the provided link and see if you can isolate the type and treat it accordingly.
    http://saltaquarium.about.com/cs/bacfunviradiseases/

Rob

could ich be only in the eyes?Or maybe i dont see the other spots?
    Derik...

It is possible that you can not see the spots because the fish has a busy color pattern or because the infection is not as bad as you may think it is. The eyes are also easier to damage and or infect by ICH then the skin. If the fish is rubbing on the rocks or gravel he may have damaged his eyes doing that. If he has a full blown case of ICH with many spots he should be trying to rub the little buggers off. When my tangs had ICH, even on the days when there were no spots the eyes remained cloudy. Do you have any cleaner shrimp in this tank. They helped my fish out pretty good.
    Rob

I would really like to add cleaners but the thing is that my lion will eat them pretty fast.
    Derik...

He'll even eat a TRUE cleaner shrimp??? They are suppose to be safe from all fish who make use of their services ??
    Rob

well actually now you are putting me in dout!!I will sure have to check that out!!ehehe!!I always thought that he could eat anything that can fit into his mouth.
    Derik...