Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: dwarf angels

dwarf angels

ok folks ive been going over my list of fish wants and was hoping for 2 dwarf angels but i realize now its just safer to go with one...so here are my choices of preference, i am hoping for any info any of you have on these fish ive read as much as i can about each online but would like any first hand knowledge you can give.

flame angel
    bi-color angel
    coral beauty
    black nox
    Banded Multifasciatus

other possible fish im looking at putting in are 2 clowns(probably false percs) a lawnmower blenny, royal gramma or a goby. am looking at adding some corals and zoos and stuff eventually but nothing right away
    forgot to mention the tank is a 66 gal
    thanks for your help
    Craig

Cherubfish

You don't have this little fellow on your list. He is one of my all time favorite angelfish. Small, colorful, personable and classified as easy to keep. You may want to consider him as well.
    Rob

All are beautiful choices....except I'm not too familar with the last...
    It's not junk, it's un-assembled DIY!

is that a cherub rob..it does look nice and was told i might be able to get away with 2 of them in the 66 thanks i actually forgot all bou the cute little fellas

Craig
    Craig

Tank: 77gal reef, deltec AP600 skimmer, 440W VHO lighting.
    Livestock:Coral beauty, Tomato Clown, Yellow Tang, magenta dottyback, 3 stripe damsel, yellow tail damsel, coral banded shrimp

Yes it is a Cherubfish ... AKA Pygmy Angelfish... They are classified as very peaceable but I have never kept more then one in the same tank.
    Rob

oh was told by LFS that he had 3 in a 75 gal and they were all fine i guess as everything in this hobby, anything is possible but depends greatly on the personality of the fish
    Craig

Livestock:Coral beauty, Tomato Clown, Yellow Tang, magenta dottyback, 3 stripe damsel, yellow tail damsel, coral banded shrimp

Anything is possible but with the limited # of fish you will want in your reef tank you might want to save that extra spot for something else.
    Rob

Senior Member tang_man_montreal's Avatar
    If you want to keep a Reef, you may want to reconsider Angels, as most are nippers.

Some of the dwarf angels don't ever develop a taste for coral, but when they do, you have to make a choice on either them or the coral.
    I am Homer of BORG... Prepare to be..OOOO!! DONUT!!!!!!

thanks all as usual very informative i ppreciate all your advice, and beleive me it isnt falling on deaf ears now anyone who is/or has kept any of the species i listed above want to comment on their behaviors. i know all will be different depending on fish im just looking to make the right choice if im only going to go with 1

Craig
    Craig

check out this compatibility chart. The Cherubfish is not on the list but others are.

https://www.aquacon.com/compatability.html

Rob

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast