Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

lighting purchase question

hey guys
    i'v been looking for a long while now
    this site is getting me all prepaired for when i start on my FOWLR soon

in a few months i hope

already designings some tank stand ideas, i wanna go DIY on it, just so i can customize it
    hopefully i can pull this all off

it would be a nice turning 20 bday present for myself

ok, my question is, what do you think bout this sale on ebay?

i find it a bit odd, the price for the lighting setup they are selling.

anyone have any experience with the brand name???

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...gename=rvi:1:1

any feedback would be amazing
    cheers'
    darsan

thanks
    i had check'd out their website
    couldn't find to much info

they only had pics of their lighting systems
    and the pics shown did not match those on the ebay site

i did find out that their located here:
    Xiao Lan Town,
    Zhongshan City, Guangdong Province

a place i never new exsist'd
    so thats a plus

lol

cheers'
    darsan

Keep in mind that by the time they arrive at your door you will have spent about $175. there is duty and the exchange and PST and GST at the border. It is not written in Stone ... but if they happen to check your shipment expect to PAY all extras
    Rob

If they ship UPS, expect to pay about $30 brokerage fees. If they ship Purolator, expect to pay about $6 brokerage fees. Brokerage fees do not include duty, GST & PST which are also added. Canada Post charges $ 8 to $12 (the last time I received something through them). Find out the shipping method prior to bidding if you want to save money.

I just paid UPS $36 for an item that only cost $32US because the seller did not ship Purolator as the auction said and I requested. I'm trying to get them to refund the difference but I probably am out the money.

Vickie

They dont mention if fans are installed, could get pretty hot if you leave the acrylic cover on. I have the Aqualife from coralife, which comes with the fans...and works great. Keep us informed if you do get the Jebo.

I have 18 watt jebo light. Only cost me 30 dollars at a local asian fish store and its in a metal case of some kind with extendable legs. I hear people talk about it on reefcentral and everyone says good things about it. You would be surprised to see how much cheaper asian made aquarium products are, and they are of the same quality of anything made here. Check out Jebao (or Jeboa) canister filters. Nearly identical to the Ehiem series but half the price. I heard they was designed by one company, but then split into two... or something along those lines, it was business jargon I didnt understand. Unfortunately most of this stuff isn't CSA approved yet. I didn't check the link (my computers really slow) but I know theres a guy who will put in any type of bulbs you want buy you buy the units. You can basically get the unit for nearly the price of bulbs here... thats if you exclude all the duties and brokerage fees. I just paid 45 dollars for a brokerage fee on a mh bulb and ballast... can you believe that? Anyhoo.. I know you can buy the 36 inch aluminum fixture with 2x55 watt bulbs with legs for about 150 at the store I bought mine. Looks slick too

I just noticed youre from toronto, check out dragon aquarium in the asian plaza next to big als sauga. they also have the 4x55 unit too.. i believe it was 230 or so. you can always haggle for no tax on the product too

liv
    Guys,
    you dont have to pay brokage fees!
    -----
    simply tell them to ship : USPS.
    or ask them to write USED on the box everywhere.
    -----
    but your safest bet is USPS.. I do this all the time.. you only pay for shipping.. which could be a couple of bux more.. but you save alot !!

as for the light.. Looks nice and sleek !

moving.. so temporarily out of SW :b8:
    planning next tank, possibly 60x30x20 on 2x plasma.
    updated: 2011/05/30

I never paid any brokerage fees on anything from the States but sometimes customs will grab it ..and add the PST, GST and their handling fee to the price. That is after you pay the exchange so if an item costs 80 dollars = about 104.00 Canadian + 15.60 taxes and duty .... if they deem duty as payable. It seems to be a hit and mis kind of thing as I have only had to pay these taxes and fees once out of 4 shipments from the USA.
    Rob

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast