Figure 8 Puffers

Hello all, I am new to this forum We just started our Brackish tank (about 1 month ago). We got 2 Bumblebee Gobies and we love them. After doing some research, we would like to add some Figure 8 puffers. Big Al's in Ottawa carry them, but the NEVER have any....we tried to order them, but just been having some bad service We are looking for any advice to where we can get them.. we are ready to travel 2h from Ottawa..any suggestions?

Thanks,

celinelandry@hotmail.com

I had a few back when I kept a brakish tank. The only place I have seen them is at big al's.
    Have you tried both stores ?
    I have found the one in kanata have a better selection and healthier fish.
    But I must warn you that I have found brakish puffer hard to alive for love period of time.
    Good luck.

Yes, I have tried both places...I tought that Marinescapes on Carlling would of had some, but no. Same here,I agree with you, the Big Al's in Kanata takes care of their fish better than the one on Innes....We got our Gobies in Kanata and they are doing great!
    Thanks for your suggestions.... I'm looking at Montreal... they might have a few stores there...

You might want to try
    I believe its la nature or nature pet ( they have a few stores around montreal)
    There is also now a big al's there but it just opened.

why don't you ask ivan (ijo) here and he'll give you a price if he can get them.
    stephen
    Stephen

Great thanks! I just sent him a private message...crossing my fingers!

I would imagine Ivan would be able to order these for you. You may have go get them right away when they come in (since I don't think he could store them), but they seem to be fairly common. I suspect the reason that you can't find them in a retail store is that they are brackish and there probably isn't that much demand for them.

For those of you taggin along on this thread, here is some reading on these fish:

http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/p...21&pCatId=1601

Ho yes, I would pick them up right away. We saw them once at Big Al's... I would say maybe 1 1/2 months ago and half of the figure 8s that were in the tank were dead We were not impressed... so we put our name on their "list" to have first pick as soon as they came in........but they never did We find them quite interesting and I have visited the link that you posted a few times.

Thank you for all your help everybody!