Bottom Feeders for Brackish?

Hello all!
    Quick question this morning. (and a sad story). We were looking for a bottom feeder for our Brackish Water tank...(since our Gobies are pretty dirty). We did some research and read that many plecos and catfish could adapt to Salt Water.
    We got a catfish, prepared him for saltwater, and he seemed to be doing fine, until the past two days. He wouldn't eat, and was always hiding. He passed away yesterday Now I feel like a terrible parent, and scared in getting another bottom feeder for our tank, but we need something to clear it out (besides vacuuming it every week). Any suggestions?

Thanks all and have a great day!!

dependnig on the tank size, maybe you could look into scats? they are a brackish fish that eat, well, poop among other things (hence the name) however they do get to be about the size of a dinner plate (~8") so anything less than a 30 would probably be too small. although you mention in your sig that you've got a 30, so that should be ok.

the latin name is scatophagus something or other, i don't remember but a quick search should turn it up. big als stocks them, i almost bought some a few months ago.

What about columbian sharks (unless thats what you already have)? I know theyre catfish, and I think theyre scavengers like most catfish....just that they grow really big, like up to 2 feet.

Ive been looking for brackish scavengers too, I added a fiddler crab to help sift through the substrate, but my green spotted puffer tortured it, and then ate most of it

The solution is SCATS!! We got some this week and they are doing an incredible job!! I feed my fish frozen blood worms and the bottom of the tank was just a mess... These Scats cleaned it all up!! We got them at Big Al's in Kanata. Took them a while to get them...but they finally did!
    Thanks all!