moving an aquarium 8hrs+ drive

Anybody ever moved an aquarium with fish only and live rock....I am moving back to new brunswick in may and i was wondering if anybody ever moved a system far away about 8 hrs drive.Any suggestions...packing fish etc.personel experience maybe?

Thanks
    Derik

i have moved fish, corals, and inverts (and live rock sand) from calgary to kelowna. Its about 7 hours. Pack all your livestock in styrofoam coolers with lots of packing peanuts and a couple of warming packs ( check the temp every hour or so). iI kept the live rock, some water and sand substrates right in the tank. Packed the rest of the water in rubermaid tubs. Used larger than usual bags for my fish thinking more volume of water and air would help. Everyone made it alive although an urchin punctured his bags. Learned not to move anenomones with its shrimp. (rookie move i know)

Did you use plastic bags or did you put them in acontainer....because for my case i have a volitan lionfish 1 sea cuke and one sea star....thats it,so should i just put my fish in a nice rubbermade container
    Derik...

with a baterie ops airpump+and little internal filter
    Derik...

IMO make sure you use the water from the tank when you pack them... and also when you fill the tank back up in new brunswick, use the same water.....

HTH...
    Megs
    I am who I am who I am who am I

DMB

If possible fill the bags with oxygen. I used to go to Toronto every year between Christmas and New Years to buy stuff that was on clearance. They always packed the stuff in bags with oxygen and I never lost a thing. It was a 7 hour drive for me in my work van from Big Al's in Mississauga back to Ottawa.
    Rob