EcoSystem filtration method

Has anyone tried the EcoSystem filtration method (www.ecosystemaquarium.com)? How good it is?

Thanks,

LT

rj
    Banned

Re: EcoSystem filtration method

I have some Miracle Mud that was given to me in a hang on fuge on my 46 Bow....tank is great with lots of growth....I can't say that it is because of the Mud or not...I am still running a bakpak skimmer...I know MACEWEN has his tank running on the EcoSystem and his tank is great...I'm sure he'll chime in on this thread soon...RJ

Re: EcoSystem filtration method

Both Kent and Carib Sea have jumped on the mud bandwagon as well. They offer a product that is very similar but far less expensive. I can't say whether the miracle Mud is worth it or not. I just used plain fine grade Carib sea sand in mine and it also seems to be working okay. I couldn't justify sending the outrages prices for the stuff. However I still use a high quality skimmer as well.
    Daniel
    M.A.S.K.
    Marine Aquarium Society of Kitchener
    www.maskcanada.org

I also have used the Miracle Mud, but over time, have found it to be nothing special if your tank is setup properly. I also used a skimmer alongside it. I also want to add that I didn't use their refuges, instead I built my own with a 33gal tank. I've seen the Kent "Mineral Mud" at a friends house and it is the EXACT same as Miracle Mud yet way less expensive!! If you want to buy some, I recommend the Kent version.
    By the way, Leng SY ( the owner of Miracle Mud) originally in the beginning said you don't need a skimmer but has now changed his opinion to " it is always good to have more than one method of filtering and a skimmer is good to use alongside it"... ( in otherwords, I think he's basically saying that it would be better to use a skimmer without actually admitting it and that he jumped the gun a bit on his first opinion.. heh, heh).