Thread: Sea Salts?

Sea Salts?

I'm almost out of my Crystal Sea salt mix.Personaly I havnt had any real issues with it,however I am slowly beginning to add some corals and was wondering if there would be any ill affect in changing to another brand?

If you are changing brand it is advized that you do it slowly. Why leave it to chance. I changed fro IO to CS and had issues so I changed back but I feel for some reason the quick change cause a reaction.

I had issues with my CS but not until prolonged use. I have gone back to Instant Ocean...and not for the free T-SHirt....hahahah
    The only thing two reef keepers will agree on, is what the third reef keeper is doing wrong!

liv
    free T-shirt ?!
    is this a new promo ?
    cauz I bought a huge jug a couple of months ago and did'nt get anything else then a big bill.
    AC now carries this stuff .. woohoo!!

moving.. so temporarily out of SW :b8:
    planning next tank, possibly 60x30x20 on 2x plasma.
    updated: 2011/05/30

Right now I'm using IO, but thinking about changing to this new Oceanic Salt. I've been following a few other boards on it and it seem to be some kick but salt. Has anyone here tried it ?

Wondering if Aquaria can get it ?

I was planning on using Tropic Marin...any problems with this salt that I should know about?
    James...

"Knowing is half the battle!" ~ G.I. JOE

My 2 cents ... less taxes ... I have been using Instant Ocean salt since I entered the hobby and have never had an issue with it. If your using a good brand of salt, which brand it happens to be is likely the last thing you should to be worrying about .. or changing in your setup. Why invite trouble by changing.
    Rob

I use Tropic Marin and am not too excited about it. When testing freshly mixed water, it tests positive for Phosphates, deffinitely not something i am looking to add to my tank in a water change. I was thinking of getting the SeaChem Reef-Salt when i finish my Tropic Marin salt - unless this Oceanic salt seems to be better, i didnt hear anything about it yet.
    Albert
    My Photos

Freshly mixed? Do you mean right after you add the salt or after it's been sitting overnight?
    James...

"Knowing is half the battle!" ~ G.I. JOE

I've never measured freshly mixed water however,My tap water doesnt messure any trace of phosphates but my tank does have .25 (why Im battling some hair algae I suspect) I had considered trying IO salt,mixing it slowly with the remaining salt I have left.