Wink Blue Damsel eating Sails?

About 2 weeks ago I added a Blue and Domino Damsel to my fish thank. Prior to that I had a Clarkii clown and Lawnmower Blenny.

Since adding the Damsels I've noticed my TURBO and ASTREA snails dropping off like flies.

Could the damsel by killing them? My water levels seems good.

I just added a Volitan Lionfish a couple days ago, and believe it or not, it has to compete with the Blue Damsel for feeder guppes?..Damn. Too bad the Lionfish is small otherwise he might just eat the damsel.

Lemme know what you guys think. Thanks

PS ..I found my cleaner shrimp dead a couple days ago..manner of death is suspect.

Wow, you added how many fish in this two week period and you have how many fish now? You've got to add fish SLOWLY and wait at least 3 weeks to a month for the biological filter to stabilize before adding more fish. To my knowledge, damsels don't eat snails. Test for ammonia and nitrite and see what you got. "My water level seems good" doesn't say a lot. Test with a test kit and post here with your values. Maybe you should test for nitrate and alkalinity too if you keep snails and shrimps. Your snails and shrimp could be dying from ammonia poisoning, pH dipping too low or other causes. How long did you acclimatize them before adding to the tank?
    If the authors of "Finding Nemo" knew anything about Clownfishes, Marlin would turn into a female and Nemo would become her new husband.

liv
    you feed your damsels feeder guppes !.. wow.. how big are they ? i feed mine mysis.. and its barely able to fit in its mought.

moving.. so temporarily out of SW :b8:
    planning next tank, possibly 60x30x20 on 2x plasma.
    updated: 2011/05/30

Baby guppies...meant for the Lionfish but the blue damsel is too darn fast.

I'm going to re-test my water parameters tonight and I'll give you an update if they are out of wack.

I didn't really acclimatize the snails like I did the fish. This could be the problem. The snails that seem to be dying the most are the turbo's. I kinda just threw them in the tank

The tank has been up for about 3 months. Is this too short of a time period to add so many fish? Or two short a period to add so many fish at one?

The two damsels were added at the same time, lionfish a week later. The clown and blenny have been in for a couple months.

Snails, and all inverts, need to be very slowly acclimated. They are much more sensitive than fish to changes in temperature, salinity and pH. I drip mine for 2-3 hours.

You should do some research on feeding lionfish as well. I don't have one but am considering one for a new tank I'm going to set up this summer. So far all I've read points to all fresh water fish being bad for their health long term.
    Susan

1. freshwater fish is not nutritionally sufficient for marine fish diets. Plus it will adversely affects your fish's behaviour, expecting to dine on moving prey whenever it can.
    2. Invertebrates need to be slowly acclimatized, even slower than fish. 3 hours minimum, 6-8 hours recommended.
    3. Too many fish, too little time to stabilize. If your other fish appears ok, I would leave them be now. Do frequent water changes to make sure ammonia won't get out of hand.
    If the authors of "Finding Nemo" knew anything about Clownfishes, Marlin would turn into a female and Nemo would become her new husband.