Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question how many fish in a 75 gal?

how many fish can i have in a 75gal tank? with liverock,skimmer,and filter..

thanks..

In my 75 gallon i have 140#LR 2 Perc Clowns Yellow tang Bengaii Cardinal Coral Beauty Foxface 2 fire fish. With no problems what so ever.

HTH

Pluff
    Phins Up ^^^^^^^

"How I wish, how I wish you were here,
    We're just 2 lost souls sitting in a fish bowl,
    Year after year......."(Hope it was cycled!)
    Pink Floyd

Do you have pics of your tank .. i would love to see it..

Does anyone know the rule of thumb in the sense of how many inches of fish per gallon.

Ie. For every inch of fish requires 1 gallon of water?

Cool

that rule basically doesn't work at all in the MARINE forum. It all depends on fish and filtration. for instance, 2 yellow or purple tangs at 4'' each in say a 65g tank might pass the inch per fish ratio but would kill each other and they need territory.

cman, the rule of thumb is 1 inch of fish per gallon of marine water. As I'm sure you are aware - skimmers, sump/refuge areas can be counted as long as you don't mind possible losses with a power out or you install UPS or battery powered air stones.

Vickie

I've posted this link before http://www.aquariumpros.com/articles/stockguide.shtml that explains this rule of thumb in more detail. As Johnny has pointed out, rules of thumb only consider the oxygen carrying capacity of the water - not the territory requirements of the fish.

Vickie

Ok with all fighting and non compatability aside.. rule of thumb is 1inch per gallon of adult size of fish?

Quote from Web side provided vjvl51
    "
    Saltwater:
    Saltwater has far less dissolved oxygen than freshwater. The rule we use for saltwater is three inches of fish for every square foot of surface area. For example, a 55-Gallon aquarium (48" Long by 13" Wide) has approximately four square feet of surface area, so approximately twelve inches of fish can be kept in a 55-gallon aquarium. In saltwater, look for quality, not quantity! If you have a wet-dry filter or Berlin reservoir, you can technically count the square footage of the filter in your calculation of how many fish may be kept, but there is one drawback to doing so. If you have a long electrical power failure, your tank will be over-stocked, and the fish will run out of oxygen much sooner."

Thanks for the link vjvl51

then everyones tank i've seen is overstocked.. with what all these articles are saying..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast