Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Talking 70 pounds of LR Arrived Last Night

70 pounds of LR Arrived Last Night

New 70 LR 2

New 70 pounds of LR 3

The Sad thing was this Rock was loaded with Little crabs and worms and cool little snails. All seem to be DOA. There was one that look like a baby mussle almost about 1-2 inches long that was closed so when in went into the tank he open and closed in the curent a couple of times but he may go the way of the dodo

Looks good. Where is it from?

You'll be surprised at what will live. There's always some die off but in 2-3 months you'll still be making new discoveries from the rock.
    Susan

Christien

Looks Great!!! What size are the pieces?

Andrew

There was a piece that was at least 15 pounds maybe more some were a couple @ 10 pounds some around 5-7 pounds. Very impressed. The rock is from KANAI

There is a tone of these flat black worms hanging out of the Rock and they look dead. Do you trash these?

I will put up a pick once the water clears up. I have been cleaning my skimmer every 3-4 hours.

I was reading about brushing of the dead parts. I not sure what Iím looking 4. I check it out the colour is very cool and there are no black spots that I can see. There is quite an ocean smell. So I dropped in some charcoal into the pump to help with any smells.

some sweet looking rock. What kind of a deal did you swing on that quantity. Looking to get about the same amount my self, just trying to find the best deal now.

Hi john. It was pretty good. The rock was KANAI. Deals vary depending on the rock.
    You can email IJO in this forum to see what he has in stock. I believe it is Tonga deep water.

Nice looking rock...from what your saying about "ocean smell", it sounds like the die off hasn't been too extensive...believe me, some times much more colourful adjectives are used to describe the smell coming from a newly opened LR box....and no major, if any, black area's...that's pretty good. There's some nice colours there as well, this will lighten up as you go thru the cycle, but don't worry it'll all come back later. Where's this stuff from?

Remove anything that's dead/dying...here's a couple of links you may find helpful:

http://www.netpets.com/fish/referenc.../curerock.html
    http://www.themarinecenter.com/rockbs.htm

They're both informative but slightly differing methods, take a few minutes and give them a read (if you haven't already), then make a decision on how you want to handle this...I don't think any 2 people do this exactly the same, but the results will almost always be - just differing times to get the results.
    Keep passing the open windows!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast