what corals can I house

Just looking for some info on what corals I can put in my tank its a 55 gallon walmart tank with 4 -5 '' of subtrate, 2 powerheads, a skilter 250 skimmer, and a regent filter good for 65 gallons. I am using two 24'' 65w 50/50 PC (130w total) coralife lighting hoods. I already have a fairly large mushroom leather( A stalk about 3 or 4 " high and a multi fingered cap on top). Not sure if this is the right name for the piece, but it seems to be doing relatively well. I was hoping to add some red mushrooms and some button polyps in the near future. Any suggestions on what else I could add?

Thanks for all the advice so far, its been a great help.
    John

upgrade your skimmer first then you can keep LSP.

Cool

definatly upgrade that skimmer. your good for softies. You could possibly keep LPS but I find they like fairly good amount of light.

what skimmer do you recomend. Unfortunatly, my setup limits it to a hang on type. Thanks for yhe advice, keep it coming.

check the forum cuz there's a nice few threads on that topic

perfect. If any one has a good hang on skimmer for sale, let me know the details.

Talk to Harley at Acrylic City. He makes a few different types of skimmers at very reasonble prices. I've been using a HOB originally from him for over three years.

As for your lights, it would be nice to get that wattage up over 200. For now, consider all leathers (except the yellow Tonga), mushrooms from the discosoma family (I'd keep away from ricordias, and rhodactis for now), most matting corals that can be fed such as yellow polyps and palythoa, and a sun coral would do well in your size tank.

Thanks zookeeper for the info. I'm going to have to get in contact with harley about the skimmer. Already looking into the lighting issue. However I cant find the max output wattage that my ballast can drive anywhere. Was hoping that the ballast wasn't a 65w maximunm ballast.
    Keep the info and advice coming. Its really helpful.

Rats found out that the ballasts can only drive 65w maximum.
    Going to have to source another set of ballasts and lamps I guess.

That your ballast won't support additional wattage is not the end of the day. You have to decide how much you want to spend. You can make a great looking tank with the choices I gave you. The problem is that the further you go in this hobby, the more you want, and your currently lighting is restrictive. You have to decide if this is going to be a problem.