Thread: ich?

ich?

Ok, so I think my clown has ich. I haven't actually seen a marine fish with ich before, so I'm kind of guessing, but he has little white dots. Now, with it being Easter, and me having to work on Saturday, what do I do? I have started dosing the tank with a bit of Garlic Extreme (?), but should I do anything else? Should I set up a QT, or will it stress him out more to move him? What can I do to make him more comfortable until Monday when the stores open again (and I can get there, unlike Saturday)?

Thanks, Sara

Sorry to hear about your clown having ick. There was a thread started a couple days ago. Same thing, clown with Ick. It does look the same as freshwater ick. So if you have seen that, then I am sure your assumptions are right. You may want to read that thread , there was alot of good info there. Theres not much you can do if you can't get anywhere until Monday. There were a few other suggestions that were mentioned, maybe one of those would help you through till monday.
    I have been there with my clowns and I fed garlic and let it run its course. Its been months, and touch wood I haven't seen it since. Good luck!

I don't have any experience with ich but I know you're supposed to put the garlic in the food, not in the tank.
    Susan

Yes see the in the Reef forum about the clown problem all the info will pertain to you as well.