Thread: Nori

Nori

JUst wondering how often you add your NORI to your clips? I add 8" by 6" strips,witch my hippo tang and yellow wrasse eat within a day or so. then i don't usually add more till 3 days later. just curious about the rest of you that feed nori to your tangs and othe fish.

Cheers,

Pluff
    Phins Up ^^^^^^^

"How I wish, how I wish you were here,
    We're just 2 lost souls sitting in a fish bowl,
    Year after year......."(Hope it was cycled!)
    Pink Floyd

I don't have any Nori eaters anymore but my old yellow tang used to eat 2 strips (2"x8") a day. This is really good food for tangs.

I stopped into Aqua Creations this afternoon and watched Matt feed a 6" blue spined unicorn tang a huge piece. The tang took it from his hand and gobbled it down in seconds! I couldn't believe it! A niger trigger followed him around trying to get some but the tang kept ahead of him just gulping it down as fast as he could. It was pretty funny to watch.
    Susan

Susan,
    You still have your Copperband, right? You should try putting some Nori in the tank even with the fish you have. In my tank, every single fish eats it...., and fast!!!! Purple Tang, Lamarck Angel, Yellow Wrasse, Leopard Wrasse, Swissguard Basslet, FlameHawk, Achilles Tang.

I put a piece of nori in my tank. The flame and skunk basslet headed over to check things out. The nori moved in the current - both fish dashed to the other side of the tank. They sloooooowly moved across the tank again. The nori moved and away they went. I watched this for about 10 minutes, laughing my head off. A snail finally started to eat the nori. Now I add it to my blender mash and they eat it - just like kids with their veggies - you have to hide the veggies at times in other food. LOL

Vickie

I had to stop putting Nori in because it was just rotting on the clip. It's strange because my larger male leopard wrasse used to eat it before the hurricane wipeout but he hasn't since.
    Susan

Susan,
    Maybe your Leopard wrasse got traumatized from it possibly wiping around in the hurricane, reminescant of the cow in the movie and whacked him up the side of his head or something??!!!:

I put Nori in and no-one likes it....the snails will eat it at night and I put 1/4 sheet in for them once a week when the algae is low so they have something to eat,
    "The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them."
    - Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Tiff,
    Hoq long do you leave it in for? My experience is that in the beginnning the fish are scared of it. But once they decide to taste it and know what it is, they'll practically break down the glass trying to get at it as you go to place it in the tank!!! For starters, just place some in tank and let it be for a day. I'm SURE they'll eventually taste it.