Thread: what can i do??

what can i do??

Ivan take i look

this today

Jagger,
    Break off everything that looks unhealthy and go a bit into the healthy tissue. Looks like you have a huge Aiptasia behing it on the rocks. Does that ever touch your Montipora? If so, that is probably stinging it and causing it to get the bad area. No matter what, you should get rid of any that you see. In the meantime, simply move your frag away. Place it as high as you can under the lighting. These things will do o.k. under weaker lighting, but do their absolute best under strong lighting!!!

ijo
    What Toutouche said... break off the branch. Save it instead of throwing it out... these guys are hardy and the piece you break off just might make it and turn into another full colony. Keep us updated

IJO

Jagger,
    What is your Alkalinity like? WHile these corals are among the easiest to grow and very hardy, I have seen from experience that they are also one of the 1st to succumb to low Alk levels and start having tissue degrade such as yours with the white patches appearing. These corals are a fast grower and because of this your Alk levels have to be very good or else they will become VERY brittle. This is the case for most fast growing stony corals. The speed they grow at leads them to using most of their energy in making new growth instead of like slow growers who use lots of energy making their skeleton real strong.