Thread: Q on xenia ?

Q on xenia ?

Today I recieved a floating piece of xenia and was wondering how would I attach it to keep it in one place . Any help is appreciated , Thank you !

Cool

you could put a little piece of rock on it, you could use an elastic or some have used some nylon screen[mesh] over a little plastice cup sunken in the water and eventually the XENIA will attach in the cup[provide some rubble] and your good to go.

What John mentioned is good for certain corals, but not Xenia. The best way to attach Xenia is to use some nylon thread & a needle. Run the nylon thread through the base of the Xenia with the needle ( don't worry, this will do absolutely NO damage to it) then simply tie it to a small piece of rock. Tie it tight enough so that the base of the Xenia is in good contact with the rock, but not tight enough to squish it any or to make the thread cut through the Xenia. Once you've managed to do thid, simply place it on the sand in a low flow area so that it doesn't get blown around. After about 1 week, the Xenia should be attached on it's own . When this happens, simply cut the thread and pull it out. Now you can place it anywhere you want.

thats about the best way as TOUTOUCHE mentioned and I forgot thats how he did his when I got some off of him. works like a charm. MARTHA STEWARD would be proud greg

... aaaand that's a GOOD THING!!!!!