Can this be done?

Imagine if you will:

A custom tank built on / into a custom stand that has a steel base (for even support) and many high pressure casters so that when entertaining it can be SLOWLY AND GENTLY moved. If the cabinet is built so as to give extra support in the corners/joints is this feasible?

Let's say that the floor is well supported so this isn't an issue.

Have you ever tried to move a tank full of water. Even a small 20 gallon is a real task. Not just for the weight, but just an inch of movement causes an over spill. Tough to do.

Keep in mind water is roughly 10 pounds per gallon. Plus rock etc. Just a 90 gallon tank with rock etc would run around 1200 pounds. Just something to keep in mind. If you had a hydraulic or mechanicxal means of moving is slowly it might work but I wouldn't be able to breath every time I tried. Tanks explode....yes explode when in these situations. I personally wouldn't do it.
    The only thing two reef keepers will agree on, is what the third reef keeper is doing wrong!

I agree..

If anything i would be worried about the tank over spilling and the movement nocking rocks over.. witch could then break the glass!

When I first was thrown the idea I thought WOW but then I started really thinking about it and I don't think it's a good idea either.
    Great on paper but it wouldn't work if for nothing other than the slightest water movement (from moving) would knock over all kinds of stuff.

Bad..., BAD idea!!!!!!!!! Ixnay on the ovingmay anktay!!!: :wha?:

Talking

BAD BAD BAD IDEA all the weight will be point source right to the casters for one thing [they'd have to be awfully big and strong] and with tanks any change of stress[weight/gravity] to the seems [especially along the bottom of the tank] can cause a rupter in the silicone. Thats why when setting up a tank it should be close to absolutely level because the fource will be greater on a seem subjected to uneven water levels so rolling a tank no matter how slow could cause some definate issues.On acrylic I'm not sure how that would play into this but still a bad idea as the fish might think its an earthquake and bolt!