featherduster question

I got me a featherduster on Sunday. Acclimate for 2 hrs and I laid it down on the sand bed. I have yet to see it come out. Should it take this long? How can I tell whether it is still alive??
    thanks.
    thien

There was a thread here last month ago where they were talking about the crown of the feater duster coming off and the guy/gal in the post was stating that they could see the worm moving in the tube.

You may wnat to try and find that thread.

PS. I found this link that gives you some general info about the species. Hope it helps.

http://centralpets.com/pages/critter.../SWI1771.shtml

cool thanks.
    I can't tell whether it is still in the tube or not. I hope it is still there cuz I don't feel an empty leathery tube is worth the $ I spent
    thanks.
    thien

Hmmm....that doesn't sound good. After four days, it should have been out by now. My first guess would have been the acclimation process, but if you did it over two hours then that should have been enough. If the worm had shed it's crown, you would have found it elsewhere in the tank by now.

All you can really do at this point is be patient.

mine opened after the first hour of being in the tank.. you sure it hasnt opened at all?

One of my feather dusters molted, then I didn't see it for 6 days. When I first got my old tank I thought the feather duster I bought was dead after not seeing it for 4 days, I tried to pull it out a its body came right off leaving the head exposed. the body fully grew back after a month, and it is stile doing alright. Be patient

well, I have yet to see it during the time I'm home. I'll have to look a little closer for any shedding evidence.

This is not looking good.
    thanks.
    thien

I was the one that had the post last month about the feather duster. After a couple of days of it not looking so good, it dropped its crown and that was it. I let it be for a couple more days, as I could see some movement , but no luck, It ended up being dead. One thing I will tell you to watch out for is your clowns. i think mine may have had a part in it droppng itself like that. I seen the crown on the bottom and my clowns were having a field day with it. Bitting it and so on. (Same clowns that tried ripping frogspawn apart)I witnessed them "relaxing" in the duster before, never causing any damage, but they sure ripped it to shreds once it was one the floor. They could have been causing it stress for a long time, and I just never saw it. Nothing else made any sense. Everything in the tank was good, and if it wasn't the clowns, then I still don't know what did it. Good luck~

Well my 2 clowns and yellow wrasse has not shown any interest in it that I can see. I have not seen it inspect or even take a look at the tube...then again, it might be doing that while I'm not home.
    thanks.
    thien

OK, so it's now a week and a half. Can I assume it is dead??
    If it crawled out and died, it is probably eaten.

Is it possible that it is dead inside the tube? If so, the crabs, et al., would be all over it by now right?
    thanks.
    thien