Thread: Humilis by Andy

Humilis by Andy

I'm looking for info of the coral in the pics found above , anyone with any info on it , it is a great pic but I cant find info and pic to match . I keep finding acro humilis . help on this would be gratly appreciated , Thanks in advance, Kevin !

Hi Kevin

You are right. The pic posted is of an Acropora humilis. I have it placed in a high flow, high light area of my reef.

Andy

Awesome pic , Andy . I hope to be creating corals and pics like this some day . Just started my venture into the coral end of saltwater aquaria . So far it's fascinated me the variables you get from the same creature due to water quality , lighting , placement in the tank itself can change alot . For the acro in question , I was wondering what lighting your keeping it under and Thanks for the quick response , always great learning from expeirenced reefers , Kevin
    I live in a mail-order town!!!
    If you don't feel like standing behind our troops, feel free to stand in front of them!!!

The humilis is under 400 watt radiums with VHO actinic and T5 actinic supplementation.

ijo
    we just received our shipment this morning... if your looking for a humilis like the one Andy posted... I have something very close... its a neon green with yellow tips under NO lighting(I'm aclimating them now)... I have a feeling these will blind me once I throw them under some real lights.

IJO

Cool

I'm down for a frag!!!!! good to be the messanger boy[delivery boy,promo boy and grand AC supporter: ]

Hello Ivan , there are a few things on your list I would be interested in !
    Hammer frag , dependant on color
    candycane , dependent on color
    red brain , open or closed
    Do you have any pics of these and is it feasible to ship such a small amt to Saint John N.B. , Thank you for your time !
    I live in a mail-order town!!!
    If you don't feel like standing behind our troops, feel free to stand in front of them!!!

ijo
    no problem on the shipping... I'll try and snap a few pics of the items your intersted in tomorrow... liv has a few acro pics for me... I'll get them up once he sends them to me.

IJO

i'll take one!