Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: bug id please

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004

    bug id please

    Okay, so I've got these little bugs. They're about 1cm long, kind of curl underneath at the back, and have almost tentacle-like thingys. The thingys are longer on the curved-under back (sort of like it's butt is rolling in on itself). What are they? My tank has been set up for three months now, but I'm still finding new things in there. Apparently I've got porcelain crabs (or something like that - they don't come out long enough to get a good look), a bunch of tube worms, and a crapload of brittle stars, all of which have been noticed in the last two weeks!
    Oh well, back to the real reason I posted, what are those buggy things? Are they harmful?


  2. #2
    Senior Member tang_man_montreal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Sounds like an Amphipod.

    They're good to have.
    I am Homer of BORG... Prepare to be..OOOO!! DONUT!!!!!!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts