Thread: Fish

Fish

How many fish would be good for 50gal tank and should I put some cleaners. I dont have much filteration

It depends alot on the type of fish you add. Make sure you read about the needs of the fish you choose. There are a lot that need room to roam. Generally a marine tank has less fish & more inverts & corals. If you like clowns they are a great starter but don't mix them. Do lots of reading before you buy anything & don't trust the local fish store to answer your questions, chances are you know more than them!
    Reef tanks are great have a look at some of the fish other people have in their tanks & check the size as a comparison this should give you a good idea of what's a good choice.

Good luck Trigger
    Happy Swimming

Linda, we need more to go on. What type of system do you have? Skimmer? How big? Sump? What type of biological filtration? Live rock? how much? pumps for circulation? how many?
    A 50 gallon tank with not much filtration might hold a couple of fish and a cleaner shrimp. But with more details, we'll be able to help a little more.
    Matt.

Old system torn down to make a playroom.. planning a 62x42x28 high

Well never mind this thread, I see it is all getting answered in the other thread.........salut!!
    Matt.

Old system torn down to make a playroom.. planning a 62x42x28 high